300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality of life

Ok, I'm sure threads similar to this have been done before. I'm starting a new one, deal with it. I've noticed a few people almost complaining about their job, usually it's not too bad, a few complaints but no here seems to hate it or anything. Is the job working out for you? Are you a happy individual in your job? Have your feelings changed alot from when you started to where you are now? Do you feel like you are actually accomplishing things or doing anything worthwhile? Feel free to answer any other questions that I didn't give as well.

Originally posted by JustDontDie
    Ok, I'm sure threads similar to this have been done before. I'm starting a new one, deal with it. I've noticed a few people almost complaining about their job, usually it's not too bad, a few complaints but no here seems to hate it or anything. Is the job working out for you? Are you a happy individual in your job? Have your feelings changed alot from when you started to where you are now? Do you feel like you are actually accomplishing things or doing anything worthwhile? Feel free to answer any other questions that I didn't give as well.
    somewhat from a female perspective...
    Yes, the job is working out for me. Overall I am happy with what I do.
    Inside the PD--When I started I really figured this job was ideal. I personally never got along with drama happy females, gossip, competition, blah blah blah. Most of my friends growing up and as an adult are men. I figured, in a PD (I'm the only female) I wouldnt deal with all the gossip I hated so much in the female circle. I was SO wrong. Put it this way, I went to an all female university for a sports scholarship. It was horrible. The PD is 10x worse...and so is every PD I have ever dealt with. This is one thing that shocked me. I never expected the inside world to be like it is. If there is nothing to talk about...they will make something up!
    Another thing I didnt expect was the politics. I work in a smaller (30 something) Police Department. It's part of the real world but I never imagined the politics to be as bad as it is.
    The street---I really thought I would have had to try harder to prove to the guys I was capable as a rookie. I didnt. Thankfully they treated me equally and still do.
    I dont think anyone can say this job was everything they expected. I dont think anything can fully prepare and I dont think anyone can paint a picture that tells how its going to be.
    Sometimes you come across jobs where you have the chance to help out people that want the help but more often there are the people who dont want ****.
    My main goal is for my partners and I to go home.

Comment

Deal With It?

Originally posted by JustDontDie
      ...Ok, I'm sure threads similar to this have been done before. I'm starting a new one, deal with it...
      If someone in real life asked me a question and then in what I believed to be in an arrogant manner suggested 'that I deal with it', that person would be still be bouncing.

Comment

Just goes to show how weak my observations are when I am tired! I didnt even see that part!

Comment

Overall I still love what I do. But like any other job, you have crappy days and sometimes you need to vent. This is a good outlet....at least since they took away my blackjack
          Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Quality of Life

When you find the perfect department, let the rest of us know. Remember too,the old saying, "The grass is always greener on the other side". Sometimes it is, but it's never perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnKelly
              If someone in real life asked me a question and then in what I believed to be in an arrogant manner suggested 'that I deal with it', that person would be still be bouncing.
              I was saying it in a sarcastic manner. Geez how could you not see that?! It's not like we're on a computer or something.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal
                When you find the perfect department, let the rest of us know. Remember too,the old saying, "The grass is always greener on the other side". Sometimes it is, but it's never perfect.
                I understand there are frustrations, stress, bad days and endless amounts of other problems to deal with, but those things go with most jobs. It's quite possible for people to deal with these things, but to ultimately love what they do. That is my question, I am a pretty negative person and I tend to realize how good something is only after I lose it. Obviously you'll know if you really dislike something, but if you think hard about it, can you see yourself doing anything else? Are you a happy person?

Comment

Good topic, and honestly I'm not sure if you would get any honest answers out there. There are police officers that are satisfied with what they do, and there are others that are not. Some stay, some leave. I remember watching the weather channel at my old PD and another officer told me the meteorlogist used to be a Deputy Sheriff in the county. Who knew?!

"Can you see yourself doing anything else?"

I see myself in a variety of other positions. So, yes, if it came down to it I could see myself doing something else.

K9

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5922 users online. 317 members and 5605 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X