300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this be a problem

Just a couple things that may come up during my backround process.

1. A couple fights back in school over stupid things (normal junior high school garbage)
    2. Me and some friends would routinely tresspass into an area to go paintballing. We grew up very close to the police in the town and they knew we when we would go there, they just said if we got hurt we were on our own. They didnt care about us doing it and alllowed us to.
    3. Police were called to my house because of an incident with a stalker who would show up every few days and watch my girl who would fall asleep from time to time on the couch after work at 3am. The dog would flip out when he showed up. I never caught him doing it so i couldnt report it, but i would find footprints up to the window from wet shoes. (we had a hole chewed into the blind by the damn cat, so you could see in if you got real close and focused.) I finally SAW him in the act one night and confronted him. I didnt know what he was capable of or if his plans were to break in or not, so I confronted him, and he ran away when he seen my .40 S&W aimed at him. The police were informed of it. This was 2.5 years ago
    4. In 1995 (I was 14 at the time) my friend brought a .22 over the house and we went back into this area (away from houses) and shot some trees and targets. Of course that could present a real problem because he brought a gun and we were severely underage and not at a range, but we were young and dumb and I seriously regret it because of the weight it could carry. I wasnt thinking of being a cop at this time, I wanted to be a hockey player! This is the one Im worried about most.
    5. Stolen some baseball cards and candy a couple of times when I was younger. In fact even younger than 14, say 11 or 12.
    6. Had a couple speeding tickets for some good over the speed limit speeds (69 in a 35 and 83 in a 55) and a few (3) window tint violations.

Aside from breaking curfew thats about it there.

These are all the things I thought of that I remember from my younger dumb days. I wised up real fast once I realized what I really wanted to do in life. I started hanging out with new people who were going somewhere and slowly lost touch with old friends who were into bad things. (some are in jail or bums now) BI's are encouraged to feed me back on this, and all replays are appreciated. What do you think of this? I dont wanna be reassured, but I want you guys to be straight up so I dont have any false sense of security on these issues. Other than whats here, there isnt anything else that I need to worry about. Let the comments roll!!!

PittsburghKid
    Reputation is the cornerstone of power

Rest in Peace: Officer David "Hazel" Pugh; Neville Island Police Department; I'll miss you friend

PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY POLICE
    Written - Passed
    Physical test - Passed
    Background Investigation - Finished
    Oral Board - Passed
    Polygraph - Passed
    Chief's Decision - Pending
    Medical Exam - Pending Chief's Decision
    Psycological Exam - Pending Chief's Decision

Nothing that sounds like a problem.
    "there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Nothing sounds like an ISSUE.
      But does appear you need to leave guns alone before you do shoot somebody.
      AND you need to get an education.
      Did you graduate High School and did you go to college and are you holding or working on a degree ?
      How's your credit ?
      Physical Health ?

Comment

I agree with Bodie. Juvenile disgressions are generally overlooked unless it is a felony. Make sure you do inform the investigator and the polygraph operator of these incidents so you don't end up DQ'd for not being completley honest.

Concentrate now on finances. Credit will play a big role in you hiring, as well as continued education.

Good luck
        John

Comment

will this be a problem?

I don't see any major issues. Refer back to Bodie's post, and answer those questions.(To yourself). Be honest in the application process.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
            Nothing sounds like an ISSUE.
            But does appear you need to leave guns alone before you do shoot somebody.
            AND you need to get an education.
            Did you graduate High School and did you go to college and are you holding or working on a degree ?
            How's your credit ?
            Physical Health ?
            Bodie,
            My health is in great shape, i play on a hockey team and run regularly..
            Credit is decent, I do have dept, but i pay all of my bills on time and am punctual on that. However I do have a decent amount to pay back.
            I graduated High school in 97 and also have 62 college credits so far in Criminal Justice. I am planning on finishing my 4 year degree after I get a job. So I am working towards a degree. If I get a job soon, I want to have the opportunity to move up and not stay stagnant in one position.

As for the gun thing, it sounds dumb, maybe it was, but henever came back after that. I wouldnt either. And thanks to all who have replied here.

PittsburghKid

Rest in Peace: Officer David "Hazel" Pugh; Neville Island Police Department; I'll miss you friend

Written - Passed
            Physical test - Passed
            Oral Board - Passed
            Polygraph - Passed

Comment

Hey Burg Kid, where would you like to get on? Pittsburgh or move l**** everybody else from the Burgh to another city?
              I got nothing for now

Comment

I wanted on in Pittsburgh,, took the written and the oral, passed them both. Took the physical and timed out on the 1.5 mile run a half a lap short, so that DQ'ed me. I did have pneumonia for about 3 weeks prior to the physical, so it hurt that i wasnt able to keep up with my running and lifting. Im headed to Montgomery county on the 17th for the written and oral & Prince Georges county on the 24th for the written and physical test. I also passed the NYPD test but not sure if they are attractive anymore because of the pay. It would be hard to live there or around the city with that payscale. And I just filled out the app for DC as well. I got a few things lined up, but would have liked to stay around here in the city since I know it all too well

Written - Passed
                Physical test - Passed
                Oral Board - Passed
                Polygraph - Passed

Comment

Originally posted by PittsburghKid
                  I wanted on in Pittsburgh,, took the written and the oral, passed them both. Took the physical and timed out on the 1.5 mile run a half a lap short, so that DQ'ed me. I did have pneumonia for about 3 weeks prior to the physical, so it hurt that i wasnt able to keep up with my running and lifting. Im headed to Montgomery county on the 17th for the written and oral & Prince Georges county on the 24th for the written and physical test. I also passed the NYPD test but not sure if they are attractive anymore because of the pay. It would be hard to live there or around the city with that payscale. And I just filled out the app for DC as well. I got a few things lined up, but would have liked to stay around here in the city since I know it all too well
                  Well I hear ya 110%. I did 10 years in the Hill and left for the burbs., I also got called for NYPD back in 1997 but the top pay back then was only about 48K I firgured I would stay the 20 in the burgh than leave and live somewhere with a part time job. Than things went the way they did in the city and I took some test also in Fairfax, and Anne Arundel. I woulda taken Baltimore county or Montgomery but dont have the college.
                  The places in Maryland are good but its real pricey out there. I know some guys say this isnt the job if its about $$$ but to live in NO Va. or Md. and pay 350,000 or 400K for a starter house, Damn skippy its about the money.
                  My starting pay in my place is under 40K and considering I was over 60K in the city, phew Its about the money... Another year or 2 and Ill be making more with less stress.
                  Good Luck Burg Kid
                  I got nothing for now

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4712 users online. 257 members and 4455 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X