300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about background

I have a few questions about going into LE and was looking to see if I could get some feedback from LE professionals. I have a few questions to ask. A few years ago I was taken in, booked and held in a city jail for child endangerment, bonded out later that day and had court the next morning where the charges were dropped. (To kinda give some background marijuana was found in my apartment, it was in my brother in laws room, but since I was the lease holder and he ran, I was arrested, and since there were children in the apartment that's where the endangerment came in.) I was also given a citation for paraphanelia because as I said before I was the lease holder. I paid the fine and received deferred adjudication. My question is, is there any chance I can still become a police officer? And if so, here's my second question my credit is not great, actually it is poor, I am paying off the debts but how is that going to affect my credit background in the LE aspect? If these problems in my past affect a job in LE what other fields could I pursue, closely related to LE? Thank you for your time
    Last edited by startingout05; 09-07-2005, 05:20 PM.

If you paid a fine, the charges weren't dropped, meaning you have a drug charge on your rap sheet. That alone will most likely DQ you. In addition, you have currently bad credit? That along with the drug charge will definitely DQ you.

But you aren't gonna lose much by trying, so go for it, I guess...

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I might have misunderstood you, I paid a fine for paraphanelia, so does that still constitute as a drug charge?

Comment

Sure Does In Any State in The Country. Where there's a pipe there's dope being smoked by some dope.
        Yer Dun ..............................

Comment

In MN the paraphernalia charge MIGHT not DQ you but it would be looked at on a case-by-case basis. HOWEVER, combine that with credit or serious financial issues and you would get a polite "thanks but no thanks". The rationale is that we handle people's property (and drugs) daily and your temptation would be considered too great.

Nevertheless, try applying places. The worst that happens is that you get turned down.

Comment

Questions about background

Either issue you mentioned is going to be a DQ. I would suggest you look into another field.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3095 users online. 209 members and 2886 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X