Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glock 35 and Taurus 617 - Waddayathink?

Howdy All.

My CCW carry weapons are currently the Glock 35 and Taurus 617. I was wondering if anyone had an opinion about those to weapons.

Thanks to pkagel, Sleuth, hemicop, Bodie and especially Tim Dees for responding to my CCW questions thread.
    "Ever watchful o'er me and mine; Ever gratful for the Thin Blue Line..."

I have a Glock 27, and it is pretty much the best CCW weapon I have ever had. Small, decent capacity (10 rounds, and my holster carries and extra mag) comfortable, and invisible when carried.

Also, holy crap, isnt the 35 kinda big for CCW?
    "I only had a couple!"

Comment

Really depends on how you carry it, what your build is, holster selection, ect. How about some more details.
      "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Thank you gentlemen. I am a large individual, so I don't wear a lot of jackets, coats, that sort of thing. IWB and shoulder holsters don't really work well for me nor would a small of the back. I have a Galco pocket holster for the .357 which works well. I have another no-name pocket holster for the Glock. Yes, it can be a pocket pistol if you have large enough pockets! Not good for quick draw, but it do stay hidden pretty well. Also, ammo for Glock is 180gr hydra shoks, same issued by local Sheriff. I haven't decided on .357 yet.

Comment

The 35 has a cut out on the forward top of the slide, but the barrel is not compensated. I was told that the hole is there to reduce the weight of the slide. I use the 15 rd mags, pre-ban of course.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3531 users online. 192 members and 3339 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X