300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transporting Firearms

Now I understand each state varies (I live in Washington state) and I'm curious what are the general rules to transporting fire arms (rifles and pistol). I'm going shooting with a friend and will be bringing along 2 rifles and 1 pistol. The pistol has a case and the two rifles do not. Do I put them on the back seat in plain view? Do I cover them up? Neither? Curious how i'm supposed to go about it.

Generally, in the trunk, inacessable to anyone in the car, unloaded. Except in Mass (no guns!), NYC, and some other areas. What states are you visiting?
    "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
    John Stuart Mill

Comment

I'm driving south (Oregon) where he lives.

Comment

Should be no problem.
        "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
        John Stuart Mill

Comment

So lock both rifles in the trunk (same as the pistol which has a case?) Or can I have that up front?

Comment

Originally posted by Brav989
            So lock both rifles in the trunk (same as the pistol which has a case?) Or can I have that up front?
            You're a lot better off with all of the weapons locked in the trunk, unloaded. If you get out of the car for any reason (gas, to go eat, etc.), and you leave the pistol case in the passenger compartment, it's ripe for stealing. And if you get stopped, any cop that recognizes the pistol case for what it is will be that much more apprehensive. Put the guns in the trunk, take them out and shhot when you get to where yoou're going, reverse the process when you're finished.

Both Washington and Oregon have non-discretionary CCW issuance policies (e.g. if you qualify, they have to give it to you). Why don't yoou just get a permit for the handgun?
            Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

In texas (not wher ur going but anyhow) you can keep the handgun up with you unloaded or loaded, as along as you are going more the five (5) counties, with out a chl. Rifles keep them in the trunk, that way when you stop someplace, u are less likely to get them boosted. Also u could bring in the handgun aslong as its concealed on ur person, while traveling over 5 counties...
              Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

If you have any questions about any state gun laws, ATF compiles them into a publication which can be found on the web page.

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/statelaw...tion/index.htm

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4952 users online. 307 members and 4645 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X