300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tattoos?

Any LEOs here have tattoos? Where on you? What is the design? Pics? Is it generally accepted by your co-workers/civilians.
    "I once killed a man in Reno, just to watch him die..."

The national trend is to forbid the display of tattoos on any skin surface visible while iin uniform. Some departments are requiring officers with tattoos on their arms to wear long sleeve shirts all year round. They might DQ someone with facial or neck tattoos. For the most part, these policies apply no matter what the tattoos' subject matter is, even if it's a U.S. flag or a Marine Corps emblem. The policies vary, so if you're considering employment with an LE agency, it would be wise to find out their policy in advance if it would affect you.

If you're only thinking about getting a tattoo, I'd either put it off or get it in a place where it won't show.
    Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

If I got one , it would only be on my shoulder/upper arm area so it would be impossible to see with a S/S shirt on, even with pretty short sleeves.

Comment

I have four, 2 showing on my forearms and 2 on my left & right biceps. I show mine, i never hide them nor will I ever. Nobody has a problem with them at all. My partner has a sleeve on his right arm. Nobody bothers him there.
        "I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

Second City Cop

Comment

What are they off?

Comment

Originally posted by CLB2112
            If I got one , it would only be on my shoulder/upper arm area so it would be impossible to see with a S/S shirt on, even with pretty short sleeves.

If they are covered by your uniform shirt...who cares what coworkers or citizens think???????
            What would Dirty Harry do in a situation like this???

Comment

Personally I have 3, all of which are covered by a short sleeve shirt. As posted above, there is a trend of department requiring tattoo's to be covered. My department does not have a policy on it (yet) but at the rate we kiss the citizen's ***es, I wouldn't be suprised to see one very soon.

Tattoo's are a form (in my opinion) of self expression, what is important to me. If I choose to "fly" them, I wear a tank-top, if I don't, I don't. Tattoo's are becoming more "socially excepted." But there still is a large portion of the population that don't find them appealing. Don't get something that you are going to one day regret and don't get it somewhere that may prevent you from getting a job someday. If you work in a blue-collar area, I doubt it would be a problem, but you want to work in an upscale suburb, think again.

Comment

Tatoos

Standards on tatoos vary from agency to agency. I started my LE career as a Deputy Sheriff in Nevada. Our Chief Deputy had tatoos(many) on both arms. As a result, short sleeve shirts were not allowed. 1966, Chief went to the FBI National Acad. In his absence ss shirts were authorized. A lot of agencies are beginning to set some standards on tatoos, or not allow them at all. They don't bother me personally, but I don't set the standards.

Comment

Originally posted by CLB2112
                  What are they off?
                  My EGA on my left forearm, ying yang surrounded by "Love and Hate" in kanji. A celtic symbol on my left bicep and one on my right.
                  "I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

Second City Cop

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4280 users online. 248 members and 4032 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X