300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? for background investigators

What are the odds of being dq'd for having had sexual contact in a public place with a consenting adult 6 yrs before applying with a dept. The acts occured on 3 separate occasions within the span of 1.5 yrs and all 3 were in insolated areas out of public view and no other individuals witnessed the contact.

I have already passed the entry exam, poly, oral board and pt. I just spoke with my b.i. on friday and he asked that I call him on tues after he finds out what ?'s the board will want to have answered to further clarify the specifics of the acts.

Hopefully he doesn't take offense to me airing this, if he's on this forum but I'm a little worried that I've really screwed up my chances of obtaining employment as an LEO over some stupid decisions I made in the past.
    Last edited by USAF E5; 09-04-2005, 11:47 PM.

Originally posted by USAF E5
    What are the odds of being dq'd for having had sexual contact with a consenting adult 6 yrs before applying with a dept. The acts occured on 3 separate occasions within the span of 1.5 yrs and all 3 were in insolated areas out of public view and no other individuals witnessed the contact.
    Did you leave something out of your question, becasuse there is nothing about consenting adults having sexual contact in a private location that would result in an applicant being disqualified. It's unlikely that it would even be discussed or considered by a backgroung investigator. (If I have missed something in your question, let me know.)

Comment

I don't see how this would affect anything...

I never knew you had to be 100% pure to be an officer...

Comment

Besides the above mentioned occurances that I'm not too proud of, I've got 6yrs military (air force SF), Assoc in CJ, entry exam score of 99, pt score of 90+, poly pass and oral board pass. Hopefully I'll still be in the running...
        Last edited by USAF E5; 09-04-2005, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. DAInv
          Did you leave something out of your question, becasuse there is nothing about consenting adults having sexual contact in a private location that would result in an applicant being disqualified. It's unlikely that it would even be discussed or considered by a backgroung investigator. (If I have missed something in your question, let me know.)
          Sorry about that, I edited the original post. The acts occured in a public location but in a secluded area. Specifically, a locked room in an unused area of a building on 2 occasions and once in a car that was "limo-tinted" in a dark un-lit parking lot. All 3 times I was trying to use cover and stay out of public view. I know that this doesn't make it right, but I wanted to provide further detail.

Comment

As long as it wasn't with a chicken or while you were supposed to be working there shouldn't be too much issue. Hell, the chicken would probably be ok in some states.
            "there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by webjeep
              Hell, the chicken would probably be ok in some states.
              It was ok when I applied.....I mean.....what???
              It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses....Hit it!

Comment

No, it definately wasn't with a chicken and it was after hours.

Comment

Uh, if that were a DQ I wouldn't be on the job today.....

Comment

Originally posted by USAF E5
                    What are the odds of being dq'd for having had sexual contact in a public place with a consenting adult 6 yrs before applying with a dept. The acts occured on 3 separate occasions within the span of 1.5 yrs and all 3 were in insolated areas out of public view and no other individuals witnessed the contact.
                    Just to be clear - is this something that came to the attention of someone else, like law enforcement, or are you just feeling guilty about it? Outside of legally prohibited acts, like bestiality or sex with a minor, I can't imagine whhy a BI would be inquiring into your sex llife.
                    Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

The only reason why it was brought up was because I answered truthfully on my background history statement. If I remember correctly the question read something along the lines of "are there any other criminal acts that you have committed, not previously mentioned that could possibly affect your suitability as an LEO". I just wanted to put everything out on the table when I completed the history statment. I have never been questioned or come into contact with any LEO other than traffic stops (unlawful speed) and a couple minor vehicle accidents.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3687 users online. 165 members and 3522 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X