300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD lights

Aight I have a question that has been on my mind... On some NYPD and FDNY cars what the heck is that light bar thingie behind the vector light, it has between 4 and 6 lights, 2 white, 2 red and 2 orange, if you need pics go here NYPD cars

Thanks, atruetexan
    Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Ghost Busters

Comment

Those lights are all amber and they are a traffic control stick.
      You can direct traffic left or right depending on flash direction you set.

The other goofy can lights just make the car look sleek and classier.
      'Bout the ugliest damn thing I've ever seen on a cruiser
      Last edited by Bodie; 09-03-2005, 02:52 PM.

Comment

They are actually used mostly for cars that patrol near a highway. The lights are mounted on bars that rotate up to a position like a goal post. The lights help oncoming cars see the patrol car from a distance. The bars are about 4 feet over the roof of the car when they are extended.

Comment

Originally posted by xray12
          They are actually used mostly for cars that patrol near a highway. The lights are mounted on bars that rotate up to a position like a goal post. The lights help oncoming cars see the patrol car from a distance. The bars are about 4 feet over the roof of the car when they are extended.
          Correct, they are pretty much only used on Highway cars. They are commonly called 'risers' in the NY area.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
            Those lights are all amber and they are a traffic control stick.
            You can direct traffic left or right depending on flash direction you set.
            I knew that, thanks for the othr info tho
            Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

They had the riser lights here for a while. They froze up in winter and were just too bulky and heavy to have on roof. Only good deal was platform underneath had 6 big flood lamps that lite up scene

Comment

They are electric hi-riser lights made by Julian Mcdermott lighting systems. They cost about 1500 dollars.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4402 users online. 251 members and 4151 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X