Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would shoot and explain it as SUICIDE BY ****ED COP.

Comment

In this area, a cadet is not the same as a recruit. A cadet is a civilian in a police related, but not law enforcing job that will be enrolled in a police academy at a later time. A person already IN the police academy is called a RECRUIT. Recruits are technically police officers, with all arrest powers, since they are sworn in, usually the first day of the academy. Of course, they are not allowed to carry on duty until firearms training is done.

And in NY, since there was a felony AND firearm displayed, it would be a 'good shoot' by penal law, but good luck getting that cleared as a good shoot by the local department's Force Justification Team.

Comment

You would get fired by the upper level politicians here & tried and convicted in the media.

Comment

A felon armed with a firearm and disregarding police orders is an immediate threat to the public at large. Shoot em. I have direct knowledge and experience of armed felons running away and shooting under their arm back towards pursuing officers. Shoot em. Shoot em. Shoot em.
          Trooperden, akman75, & azmichelle ignored

Comment

In MN we can use deadly force to prevent the escape of someone we have reason to believe has committed a felony with the use or threatened use of deadly force. So here, we can shoot the perp as he/she flees after the above described situation.

Comment

How about the old hose the guy with gas and threaten to light his ar$e up. lol. So he was a cadet? What exactly is a cadet? our people in the academy are recruits, after they graduate they are PPO's (probationary police officers), and we have a kids thing called the Chicago Police Explorers. A long time a go we had cadets that helped around the station. My father was one for four years and that time is added onto his seniority date. So with his cadet time he has 31 or 32 years on the job now.
              "I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

Second City Cop

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro56
                How about the old hose the guy with gas and threaten to light his ar$e up. lol. So he was a cadet? What exactly is a cadet? our people in the academy are recruits, after they graduate they are PPO's (probationary police officers), and we have a kids thing called the Chicago Police Explorers. A long time a go we had cadets that helped around the station. My father was one for four years and that time is added onto his seniority date. So with his cadet time he has 31 or 32 years on the job now.
                Does a recruit have full police arrest powers in IL?

Comment

not sure...

Originally posted by SWH
                  Does a recruit have full police arrest powers in IL?
                  I am not sure if recruits have full arrest powers or not. On Wednesday I was sworn in as a "probationary police officer." I was given the badges, ID, etc. Today I received all my equipment; uniforms, gun, duty belt, etc. However, the academy doesn't start until this Sunday. During the first day we hand over our firearm and the academy keeps them for the duration of the training (or until we go to the range).

So, if I was at a gas station and robbed at gunpoint...then took my gun out and shot someone running away from me...I would probably be in the pokey the same day.

I would think that I could not arrest someone until I get certified to do so. But I don't know the "law" for certain.

Comment

No because they aren't sworn. They have to pass the state qualification (written and pistol) before they become sworn. We had to keep our guns at the academy while I was there and we didn't get our badges or get to wear patches until we graduated.
                    "I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

Second City Cop

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro56
                      Well...you know there are ways around that one. 1 in the back and when he goes down you roll him over and say he spun while you fired.
                      Forgot about that CCTV --Oops, BUSTED

Comment

like someone said earlier....TN v. Garner basically says you can't shoot.

Comment

What ever happened to the old common knowledge "dead men tell no tales?" If he said he pursued the puke a block or two, then had him turn on him agressively, which is why he smoked him, then what?

Makes me think of when I got robbed while driving a cab a couple of years ago(dig back in my postings, and look for "It happened to me"). Speaking quite frankly, if I'd had my gun with me that night, I would have burned that dirty bastard down right there in the street; I told him so as he was running away. Sure; I could have been charged, because I shot him as he was running away, but I would have had my lawyer stress the fact that the dead dirtbag(who probably has a rap sheet a mile long) premeditated the crime, and was found with my money, the key to my cab, my cell phone, and a knife on his person. What do you think a jury would think of that?

I did tell the cops who responded that there will come a time I'll see that smart *** be-bopping down the street, thinking he's really something great, when a bee or a wasp will get in the car, or now the cab of my truck, and in my panic to get the bug out of the vehicle, I'll "accidentally" jump the curb and go right over that SOB! They chuckled, saying I'd get no argument from them!
                          Never make a drummer mad- we beat things for a living!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5197 users online. 308 members and 4889 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X