300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baltimore PD Pros' and Con's

I was just wondering if anybaody may have informaiton about what's good and what's not when it comes to Baltimore PD. Any help would be appreciated

Learn a lot very quick with a good variety of calls, decent pay and benefits. Young department and advancement is fast. If you don't stay, other departments hire quick because of the experience.

Down side, extremely busy with no time to really handle calls properly. End up handling the same people over and over. Burnout can be quick handling 20-35 calls a shift depending on district and sector. Mayor thinks he is police commisioner.
    In God we trust, all others are run MILES and NCIC.

Comment

Baltimore City or County?

Comment

Baltimore City has one of the worst work schedule's I've ever seen if it's still that ridiculous 6on 2off for like 6 or 8 weeks and then the 5x3 for two weeks.
        Horrible!

Comment

Originally posted by AJK0108
          I was just wondering if anybaody may have informaiton about what's good and what's not when it comes to Baltimore PD. Any help would be appreciated
          There are places with far better pay, equipment, schedules, and leadership but I don't know if they have as much fun.
          Only a dead fish floats with the current.

Comment

Well in measuring departments I am trying to decide if I should apply in Baltimore or keep with the process in Washington DC

Comment

A Baltimore recruiter told me last week that the process can be done very quickly. He also said it is on a case by case basis but that most applicants can be processed fairly quickly. I am in process with both and MPDC keeps asking me how it is going with Baltimore and vice versa.

Comment

I not going to speak about the departments specifically since i haven't had much interaction with them, but can speak about the area. If all possible, try to live outside the city if possible (not quite sure on department polices). Places around elkridge, columbia, or just north of the city can be nice. Both baltimore and washington of course are some of the roughest areas in the country, so i'm sure you'll get a wide variety of calls.

Comment

The recruting process for Baltimore City is very quick. They do your background investigation while your in the academy. Then if something comes up.........YOURE FIRED......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6359 users online. 348 members and 6011 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X