X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PhilipCal
    replied
    Previous Record Question

You'd better disclose the incident. If you don't, and they find out(They will), you're history. Tim Dees gave you some excellent advice when he urged you not to believe "it's off your record" crowd. Nothing is really off your record, and a BI will find it.

Leave a comment:

• Bodie
    replied
    But if you don't tell them and they find it.
    Then there's a problem

Leave a comment:

• Cadet262
    replied
    Originally posted by webjeep
    You got lucky, in VA a .02 under 21 will get you a baby DUI. Under the same section as a DUI (18.2-262.1 Driving after illegally consuming alcohol) it carries the same stigma as a DUI as an adult.

I have know people who had DUI's who still became cops though...
    In WI, .08 is the legal drunk limit... that and any higher is Auto DUI. Anything under .08 if you are UNDERAGE is absolute sobriety. The cop told me if I was 21 he would have just taken me to the station and got me a ride home. I realize it could have been worse. But we all learn

Leave a comment:

• webjeep
    replied
    You got lucky, in VA a .02 under 21 will get you a baby DUI. Under the same section as a DUI (18.2-262.1 Driving after illegally consuming alcohol) it carries the same stigma as a DUI as an adult.

I have know people who had DUI's who still became cops though...

Leave a comment:

• Cadet262
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim Dees
    My guess is that if you didn't make any misleading statements about the incident, and don't make excuses for it, you may be okay. I'd steer clear of the "it's off my record" bit. People seem to think that once an offense has "aged" a bit, it's like it never happened. Not so. An insurance company might not care any more about that citation, but it's going to follow you around in other circles just about forever.

By the way, the only reason you didn't get put in jail is because of the extremely lenient DUI laws in Wisconsin. Most other places, you would have spent some time in lockup.
    Absolutely, I just dont want a silly mistake to ruin my career=/

Leave a comment:

• Tim Dees
    replied
    My guess is that if you didn't make any misleading statements about the incident, and don't make excuses for it, you may be okay. I'd steer clear of the "it's off my record" bit. People seem to think that once an offense has "aged" a bit, it's like it never happened. Not so. An insurance company might not care any more about that citation, but it's going to follow you around in other circles just about forever.

By the way, the only reason you didn't get put in jail is because of the extremely lenient DUI laws in Wisconsin. Most other places, you would have spent some time in lockup.

Leave a comment:

• Cadet262
    replied
    Absolute sobriety is a law where if you are underage and driving you MUST BLOW 0.0 across the board. I did drink 2 beers before a packer game and left an hour or so later. Was pulled over for broken tail light and i was breathalyzed and blew a .02 lol... I understand i was underage and should not have drank in the first place but i guess it was my unlucky day, and never ever have done that since. It was a traffic citation that cost 80 dollars and a 90 day liscence suspension.

In regards to the Background question. My record was not brought up so I assumed there would be no BG check. I later found out I would have one. So no... i did not lie or anything of that sorts:P However. When i check my records online I show up completely clean without any traffic violations. but i do realize there are police records that are there forever.

Leave a comment:

• backinblue
    replied
    Did you tell them about this or are they going to find out when they do your background? If you were honest it probablly won't matter but if you lied or with held information thats another story.

Leave a comment:

• Tim Dees
    replied
    Originally posted by Cadet262
    I was accepted for the job as a Cadet however they are running a background check on me obviously. Pending everything good I get the job, however almost 2 years back I did have an absolute sobriety when was 18... it is now Off my record but I know police have records forever, this was my only offense I have ever had. Will this be a DQ for me? I know police officers have had alot worse records and got the job but im really hoping this isnt an issue
    What is an "absolute sobriety?" Do you mean a field sobriety test? Were you arrested?

By the way, once a record is created at a police agency, it's never completely "off your record." If nothing else, someone remembers it.

Leave a comment:

• Cadet262
    started a topic Previous record Question

Previous record Question

I was accepted for the job as a Cadet however they are running a background check on me obviously. Pending everything good I get the job, however almost 2 years back I did have an absolute sobriety when was 18... it is now Off my record but I know police have records forever, this was my only offense I have ever had. Will this be a DQ for me? I know police officers have had alot worse records and got the job but im really hoping this isnt an issue

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5736 users online. 330 members and 5406 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X