300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything I can do now?

Hi I'm not sure if this was posted somewhere else or not (sorry if it was). OKay well I'm 15 years of age and live in Canada B.C and am interested in a career in law enforcement. My question is, is there anything I can do now to prepare for this (I'm only in high school). Ive just recently read someones post about a paid police cadet, I'm not sure if this is possible at my age or in Canada. If any of you have information/suggestion on what I can do I would really appriciate it. Thanks

Get good grades, stay out of trouble with school and th law, stay away from alcohol & drugs and get a 4 year degree after high school

Comment

Ditto on Bodie's advice. Check into the Explorer scout program in you rarea.
      Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

Bodie's advice was direct,accurate & perfect. I would however,consider looikg into your localagency & see if they have an Explorer post you could spend time on to see if this is really for you. Basically (here) Explorers do alot of stuff the officers wouldn't normally do,like public relation stuff at public events and spend time learning basic police functions under the supervision of a full time PO. The explorer,naturally must maintain his grades, stay out of trouble & attend a certain number of meetings (classes) per month. This is all voluntary but it gives you an insider's view & helps you decide if it's what you really want

Comment

Thanks a lot, I'll buckle-down and try to stay out of trouble. I'll also look in that Explorer. Hopefully they have something like that here. Thanks guys

Comment

Here is a thread for you to read

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...highlight=rcmp

Good luck

Comment

thanks cst.sb

Comment

Anything I can do now.

It's very difficult to add to the excellent advice you've already recieved. By all means, keep your grades up. Avoid alcohol and tabacco. Check with your area RCMP Activity, or local police department to see if they sponsor an Explorer Program. Possibly, your local police department has an in-house youth program. If so, become involved in it. Short of that, if your school or church has a community service or outreach program, become involved in that. It will expose you to other people, often in circumstances quite different than you are used to, and give you some appreciation of the service aspect of law enforcement.

Comment

Thanks PhilipCal. Your advice is great just like all the rest. Im trying to talk to my friends dad who is a cop and find out if there is any kind of explorer program.I dont drink, smoking doesnt intrigued me the slightest and ive had the apportunity to do drugs but turned it down so I dont think any of that j*** is a problem. Thanks all 4 the helpful advice

Comment

The nice thing about the RCMP is that they have summer student position which is paid. You get to hang out with the members and gain experience listening to them to talk. Unfortunatley, I think you have to be 18 because you also get to go on ride-a-longs etc.

I recommend volunteering in anything you can think of (ie: minor hockey, if your town has a summer festival, church group etc.) Just about every non-profit group is looking for volunteers so it should be easy to find. It shows that you're committed to being a part of your community and usually volunteers are considered to be trusting people. I volunteered before joining the RCMP and I still do.

If your goal is to be a police officer, the only thing that can hold you back is yourself.

Good Luck
                    But by the grace of God, I am what I am.
                    1 Corinthians 15:10

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3254 users online. 185 members and 3069 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X