300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Montgomery AL.

If anyone can help please do. I am about to get hired on the Montgomery AL. police department. If there is any one out there that could tell me good and bad things about this department please do ok. From what I have seen it looks like a good department but I would like others input. Stuff about there ac. and just other little things that may could help me out. Thank you

Montgomery Alabama

I'm a retired Alabama DPS Officer, so my perspective on MPD is that of an outsider. Basically, it's a good department, with some fine, very dedicated Officers. Equipment is pretty good, and the pay is halfway decent. The Academy is 25 weeks, and pretty rough. Be prepared for some military discipline and drill in addition to your classroom routine. In the Academy, don't fall behind on your homework. You'll never catch up if you do. Political "leadership" of the city is exactly that. Political. That's true of any city, Montgomery is no exception. Good luck.

Comment

Yea thats what I heard that they do it like the military. But they said the ac. is only 16 weeks not 24 weeks I think that is for state police. And I have heard about the homework from people. Do you know why so much and does the homework get smaller as you get closer to getting out. Cause I know we have a law test the in the 6week then week 7 is when we go shoot. If there is any more stuff you know please write back. Thank you

Comment

Montgomery Ala

Quite possible it's 16 weeks. Still, very military. If you've been active duty Armed Forces, you should have no problem with that. Academics are very stringent, and exams frequent. I understand that the recruits are encouraged to form "study groups". These can be a great help. You will have weekends off. My suggestion to you here, is to avoid the temptation to let homework or projects pile up till the weekend. Won't work. Do your academic and homework on a daily basis, and use the weekend to relax. Difficult as it may sound, try to get a decent amount of sleep each night. It's important. Develope and maintain a do-able, daily routine when you get home from school each evening. Don't party .

Comment

Yea I have heard about the homework how they give you so much. I was trying to find out does it stop like after so many weeks. Not the homework but giving you so much cause I have heard of ac. doing that for like the frist few weeks then after a while they dont give so much. But yea I am going to try and sleep as much as I can and on the weekend just stay at home a rest. But thank you so much for helping me out and if anything else comes to mind please let me know. Thank you

Comment

Montgomery Al

No guarantee, but the homework will probably slack off a little as you near the end of the Academy. That's not written in stone, but is usually the case.Good luck.

Comment

I just moved from Mobile, AL to California, does that help you in any way?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4776 users online. 260 members and 4516 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X