Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Security officers arrested for impersonating officers

Youngstown ohio

Police officers are arresting security officers city wide. Security officers are being brought on charges for impersonating officers. The Security staff aren't doing anything to provoke the charges. we beleive it's a way for the police to take over security jobs city wide.

Has anyone ever heard of anything like this?

Keep in mind these guys make $7.00/hr 20hrs/week

bail is set at $40,000 10% = $4,000

airsofter

I would say that there is more to the story!! Everyone knows that security officers aren't police officers, and unless they are doing something beyond their limited authority, I think your not getting all the info!
    ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS, DON'T BLAME OTHERS!!!

Comment

I have said before we get 3 or so Security Guards in uniform arrested here each month so let's here the real story first.
      They are CIVILIANS subject to the same laws as any other civilian

Comment

Move for cover and hold on to your ***

And you decided to come here and gripe about cops why???

I bet you are a security guard and your girlfriend left you for a cop because he actually has a key for his handcuffs and didn

Comment

[QUOTE=Tennsix]And you decided to come here and gripe about cops why???

I bet you are a security guard and your girlfriend left you for a cop because he actually has a key for his handcuffs and didn

Comment

Well, he walks in here and starts bashing copes. He put on the music so i figured he wanted to dance.

Comment

Originally posted by Airsofter
              Police officers are arresting security officers city wide. Security officers are being brought on charges for impersonating officers. The Security staff aren't doing anything to provoke the charges. we beleive it's a way for the police to take over security jobs city wide.
              As scooterlee suggested, there appears to be more to the story. There is a newspaper account of a recent incident here. The arrested party was apparently an employee of a "police constable service." One of our Ohio members can set me straight here if I am in error, but Ohio Revised Statutes 509.01 sets out that a police constable has to be appointed by a board of township trustees and is essentially a police officer. They are required to have completed state-mandated police training and have full arrest powers. The so-called "police constable service" is misnamed, as a private entity can't appoint constables. The newspaper article did mention that other employees of this service have been arrested under similar circumstances.

It looks as though the actions of the Youngstown Police aren't as sinister as airsofter may have implied.
              Tim Dees, now writing as a plain old forum member, his superpowers lost to an encounter with gold kryptonite.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Dees
                As scooterlee suggested, there appears to be more to the story. There is a newspaper account of a recent incident here. The arrested party was apparently an employee of a "police constable service." One of our Ohio members can set me straight here if I am in error, but Ohio Revised Statutes 509.01 sets out that a police constable has to be appointed by a board of township trustees and is essentially a police officer. They are required to have completed state-mandated police training and have full arrest powers. The so-called "police constable service" is misnamed, as a private entity can't appoint constables. The newspaper article did mention that other employees of this service have been arrested under similar circumstances.

It looks as though the actions of the Youngstown Police aren't as sinister as airsofter may have implied.
                thats why i like okla so much,, we keep it simple, either you are a city officer, a sheriffs deputy, or a st trpr,,,see simple,,,if you aint, then you are not an officer and have nothing at all close to it, no elected kinda sorta officers,

Comment

Airsoft, security guards cannot wear police uniforms. It sounds like a good pinch to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tennsix
                    Airsoft, security guards cannot wear police uniforms. It sounds like a good pinch to me.
                    here they can,, they wear unifoms that look like an officer, but it clearly says "security" it cant say police,,, here if you dont wear a uniform and are an armed guard, your weapon has to be concealed, but if you wear a uniform, with badge, and are marked "security" then you can wear your weapon on your duty belt.

Comment

I like that "He put on The music" now that's good !!!!!!

Comment

How are police uniforms defined? I don't mean to stir the pot, but how should a security guard be expected to look?

I think the charges laid out in this article are entirely justified, but I don't think it's a uniform issue so much as it is the fact that the security agency identified itself as "police", identified the guard as a "constable", and put him to work without the proper security guard identification.

Frankly, they were asking for it.

Comment

When I said police uniform i meant a uniform the says "police" or any thng that would imply police.

Comment

When I was in college I was a Security "Officer" for 3 years. My uniform looked very much like a Police Officer uniform. It did say security on my sewn on badges but a lot of people thought I was the Police.

On a lighter side, when I worked Security I had a lady ask for my badge number. I said "lady, my badge is sewn onto my uniform. I don't have a badge number"
                            It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses....Hit it!

Comment

Originally posted by Tennsix
                              When I said police uniform i meant a uniform the says "police" or any thng that would imply police.
                              Well, yes.

In Canada, the provinces generally disallow any security agency from bearing the word police in its name or on the uniform. In Alberta, no less, no guard is permitted to use a badge as a form of identification and agency logos must not resemble badges or shields.

However, that hasn't prevented charges like the one mentioned in this thread. For example, the Operations Manager of a local security agency was charged a few years back with impersonation when he outfitted his patrol cars with green (green!) lightbars. (Be careful, you eager little Explorers.)
                              Last edited by scottd; 09-01-2005, 07:22 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3216 users online. 164 members and 3052 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X