Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assault?

I don
    Last edited by ewstram87; 08-30-2005, 11:11 PM.

If she had struck you, she would have committed battery (by FL law). Unless there were witnesses or physical evidence (bruising, lacerations) she would not have been arrested (custodial), at least in FL. She may have been sworn complainted, which means she'd have charges filed against her later. If some 17 year old girl slaps you, suck it up and move on. Dont get the popo involved in your business if its that menial.
    press hard-5 copies

Comment

I didnt plan on it, but me and my ex were talking about what if she would have slapped me.

Comment

I would write it up and send it to the prosecutor and suggest that you call us when you have a real problem. You would be well advised to stay clear of her or you both will end up in jail. There are three side to this story; yours, hers, and the truth.

A slap is simple battery. No witness, no injury, no arrest. Suck it up and find a new girlfriend.

Comment

I'm thinking the cops should have been called and then they slap the $hit outta you for talkin to a lady like that.
          Cowboys in town. Trouble expected.

Comment

Originally posted by PTI
            I'm thinking the cops should have been called and then they slap the $hit outta you for talkin to a lady like that.
            You dont know her, I know I should save this for another place but I had to tell her we werent going out anymore 3 times befores she would remotely leave me alone. My question wasnt so much about my girl friend but more about the action of slapping. The reason I added my personal expericance was so the question wasnt so meaningless.

edit- I already have a new girl friend so no suggestions about me getting a new one.
            Last edited by ewstram87; 08-30-2005, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ewstram87
              You dont know her, I know I should save this for another place but I had to tell her we werent going out anymore 3 times befores she would remotely leave me alone. My question wasnt so much about my girl friend but more about the action of slapping. The reason I added my personal expericance was so the question wasnt so meaningless.

edit- I already have a new girl friend so no suggestions about me getting a new one.
              The reality of the situation (as you told it) is that not much would happen.

The other comments are well intended advice. We see this sort of thing play out all the time. It will lead to trouble if you do not cut off ties with her.

Comment

It doesn't much matter to me who she is....I don't think theres a reason to be droppin the F bomb on a lady. It doesn't take much of a man to do that. My dad would whop my *** if I ever did that and I'd do the same if my boy ever did. Maybe I'm just old fashioned. Or maybe I have manners.
                Cowboys in town. Trouble expected.

Comment

Originally posted by PTI
                  It doesn't much matter to me who she is....I don't think theres a reason to be droppin the F bomb on a lady. It doesn't take much of a man to do that. My dad would whop my *** if I ever did that and I'd do the same if my boy ever did. Maybe I'm just old fashioned. Or maybe I have manners.
                  I wish I could explain it to you, maybe then you would understand. As for manners I apologized to her and asked for forgiveness. Which is why I was able to go over to her house.
                  Last edited by ewstram87; 08-31-2005, 12:08 AM.

Comment

To answer your question...
                    Yea, it would have been "Simple Assault" if you decided to pursue charges.
                    Retired 02/01/13

Comment

In PA the charge would be harassment which is a summary offense with a maximum fine of $300.00 and a max jail sentence of 90 days, which wouldn't apply if the actor was under 18. However, given the differences in state statutes that the answers you've gotten show. No reply from anyone other than a NJ cop mean much to your hypothetical question.
                      When Society makes war on its police, it better be prepared to make friends of its criminals.

Comment

Originally posted by PTI
                        Not old fashioned just good manners. Same for me!

As far as the slap heard round the world is concerned, In Md it would be a 2nd degree assault and without evidence of injury you would have to go to a commissioners office and file charges against her. Your best bet is too have no further contact with her and put her in your past. If she would have slapped you do you really think you wouldn't have hit her?

Comment

Originally posted by backinblue
                          If she would have slapped you do you really think you wouldn't have hit her?
                          I probably wouldnt have hit her back but who knows. She was quite small so I guess if I wanted to I could have decked her but I'm really not that kind of guy.

Comment

I probably wouldnt have hit her back but who knows. She was quite small so I guess if I wanted to I could have decked her but I'm really not that kind of guy.
                            Thats good but I know emotions can fly and people do stupid things sometimes. I still think you should just put her behind you and go on with your life (sounds like you have), then further incidents won't occur which may get out of hand.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4701 users online. 276 members and 4425 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X