300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psych Test

Ok i just got off the phone with my buddy who graduated with me from the acad. and he said he was DQ'd from a dept he was interviewing with cause his psych test results showed massive anger or sumthin like that according to the psychologist he talked to about it, and the guy told him police work was not for him. He said it was 500+ True False questions. I have not gotten far enough into a hiring process to get a psych test yet. But what can i expect. I dont think im gonna have problems but i just wanna get a feel for what im in for, he was pretty bent outta shape

The tests I took for the two departments I have worked at were identical. It was a 500+ true/false test that asked all sorts of questions like if I feel like killing people and if I hear voices. Both of my evals were followed by an interview with the shrink where the guy asked me a bunch of questions that seemed to be geared at getting me ticked off like insulting my religion, my politics, etc. I speculate if the doc felt there was an issue, there is an issue. Unless there is a different job atmosphere where you are, someone has to have some serious issues not to get hired. Maybe it was a personality clash of some sort; who knows? Maybe he can appeal.
    God made cops so firemen would have heroes.

You do not greet Death; you punch him in the throat repeatedly as he drags you away.

Comment

Psych Test

Psych Tests are becoming more and more a part of the application process with many LE agencies these days. Departments are not looking for saints, however, a stable personality is a must. That doesn't mean you don't get angry or frustrated, but how you deal with those emotions is a concern. The bottom line is, you know yourself better than anyone else. Good luck.

Comment

Just remember you love your family... mother and father...

You do not hear voices.

You do not have imaginary friends/acquaintances..

You do not see things that are not there....

You like people...

You should be ok..

Part of the psych evaluation is an honesty test. They will ask you the same question five different ways. If you contradict yourself, they know you have an honesty problem.
        Sign here. Press hard. You are making five copies.

Comment

Been part of application process here for 25 yrs. Just leave at least 6 of your personalities at home. Maybe 7.

Comment

Ya know i think that test may be suspect this kid sat next to me all 18 weeks of academy, and despite his youthful age i cant think of anyone in that class I would want next to me more than him in a bad situation. I just cant see how he failed it. Oh well, I feel so bad, kid drove 70 miles each way just to attend the academy . GRRRRR

Comment

That's what we mean about having a job BEFORE an academy now this kid has wasted all that time and can't be a cop and WASTED money too.

Too may "Self Sponsor" places are there for the CASH

Comment

Psych test!!!???

What psych test!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AUXOFC74
                  Ya know i think that test may be suspect this kid sat next to me all 18 weeks of academy, and despite his youthful age i cant think of anyone in that class I would want next to me more than him in a bad situation. I just cant see how he failed it. Oh well, I feel so bad, kid drove 70 miles each way just to attend the academy . GRRRRR
                  I have known officers that have failed with one doc and passed with another doc. At my old agency, we DQd a guy with years of experience as an officer. He even worked contract work with the Feds. Our psych said he wasn't cut out for the job but obviously others said he was. Tell your friend not to lose hope and to keep applying.
                  Sign here. Press hard. You are making five copies.

Comment

I just recently took the psych test for the dept I work for now. The first time it came back inconclusive. They gave me the option of taking it again and I passed.

It was the IPI, MMPI and CPI tests. Over 1300 questions total

I can tell you this. Go with your first instincts when answering. DO NOT try to out think the question or the test. You can't win. That is what I did on the first test.
                    If you ever have sprained ankle, give me a call.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5657 users online. 326 members and 5331 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X