300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• massachusetts constables

Is there anyone that is from Massachusetts that knows about constables?

Say someone just invited me along for a ride along type thing. he is going to arrest some woman (but also a Boston constable will be present since he is not a Boston constable) to bring her to court to pay the judge for some small claims stuff. He needs a female to search that woman he is arresting. Seeing as though I'm not an authority figure, just a "normal" person, is it legit to ask ME to search that woman after she is cuffed?

This is a theory I came up with for him asking me instead of an authority figure: Since it's a business that he owns (but he says he is appointed by the mayor in his towns), and since maybe he doesn't NEED a female constable (or whatever?), he asked me so that he doesn't have to pay me as much since i'm not an authority figure?

This is odd.

Will I get in trouble if I do this "ride along" thing with him and search that woman? He said I'd have to go to the court with them, but I wouldn't have to stand up, I'd just have to sit with them off to the side or in the back...
    Last edited by peemmfivekay; 08-30-2005, 11:34 PM.

hmmmm?

I won't even get into the legalese of the situation because that could get really interesting. I'll just mention the actual act of searching. Have you been trained in how to search a suspect properly, thouroughly and most importantly safely? What happens when your on this "ride along" as a "normal person" and and search this person and get stuck with a needle ? I don't know the specifics of how MA Constables are licensed so I can't comment on the legalities of it but i'm sure that side of it would get intersting too.
    "You guys really do have a quota to meet, don't ya"
    "Actually ma'am I don't have a quota, I'm free to write as many citations as I'd like"

Comment

That whole scenario is a big can o'worms. Unless your going fishing steer clear of it.
      My name is Mr. Officer, My special friends can call me Mr.Officer,Sir.

Comment

Constables in MA serve civil process. Period.. I've never heard of a Constable arresting someone on any sort of warrant. (ie WMS warrants, bench warrants)
        This clown should neither be asking you to perform this, nor should you entertain him....
        surly?? screw you....

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce
          Constables in MA serve civil process. Period.. I've never heard of a Constable arresting someone on any sort of warrant. (ie WMS warrants, bench warrants)
          This clown should neither be asking you to perform this, nor should you entertain him....
          Then what do MASS Sheriff's do? Do they even have Sheriff's Office's anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202
            Then what do MASS Sheriff's do? Do they even have Sheriff's Office's anymore?
            Yes there are Sheriff Office's in MA. Their function has been a controversial subject in MA for years. Without trying to stir a **** pot or offend anyone I'll try to explain. Sheriff Departments have evolved into the Corrections arena. Police lock up the ****birds and the sheriff deputies and/or corrections officers babysit said ****birds. Deputies also keep tabs on released ****birds with bracelett, drug testing programs. There are also deputies that serve warrants (criminal&civil) and a few (very few) that patrol. Those that patrol have very limited CH90 powers and the police dept's where they work don't really like them poaching...
            surly?? screw you....

Comment

Yes there are Sheriff Office's in MA. Their function has been a controversial subject in MA for years. Without trying to stir a **** pot or offend anyone I'll try to explain. Sheriff Departments have evolved into the Corrections arena. Police lock up the ****birds and the sheriff deputies and/or corrections officers babysit said ****birds. Deputies also keep tabs on released ****birds with bracelett, drug testing programs. There are also deputies that serve warrants (criminal&civil) and a few (very few) that patrol. Those that patrol have very limited CH90 powers and the police dept's where they work don't really like them poaching...
              interesting, well, who patrols and takes calls outside of the cities juridictions?? burglaries, assaults, thefts, so on.

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
                interesting, well, who patrols and takes calls outside of the cities juridictions?? burglaries, assaults, thefts, so on.
                Those towns that do not have a police force are covered by the State Police.
                Last edited by Deuce; 08-30-2005, 07:25 PM.
                surly?? screw you....

Comment

Those towns that do not have a police force are covered by the State Police.
                  gott ya,, thats what i was thinking, that just blows me away, here we have city off. for the cities, sheriffs depts. for the areas that dont have city off. and the hwy patrol just writes a butt load of tickets, works wreckes, and gets a lotta dui's.

Comment

Two words of advice....stay away...far far away....Deuce hit the nail on the head....I'm sure there are some hard working legitimate constables out there ....but some of the one's I've heard about are sketchy at best...the last thing you want to do is get put in the jackpot because of someone else
                    "Massachusetts it's NOT All here!!!!"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5767 users online. 329 members and 5438 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X