300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wannabe

Am I a Wannebe if I was before and want to again? I keep hearing that here and was just wondering. I thought we all were Wannabe's before we actually became the Arebe's.

-Brad

Originally posted by bgofast72
    Am I a Wannebe if I was before and want to again? I keep hearing that here and was just wondering. I thought we all were Wannabe's before we actually became the Arebe's.

-Brad
    I consider myself a Wannebe. However I never was until I became an Explorer. I have been around LE, so now it is in me. Not to mention I have been placed in some dramtic and touching experieces with LEO'S. Is it really such a bad thing?

Comment

Not at all in my opinion LT. EXPLORER. You might have misunderstood me, I was an officer in Oklahoma for 4 years and stopped in 2000. I want to go back doing it as a reserve officer. I keep seeing people say Wannabe in some of the posts and I took it bad, so I just wanted to ask that question. I guess I did not put it right the way I meant it to be, I just wish they would have had Explorers where I grew up at.

-Brad

Comment

Wannabe

If you've served four years as an Officer, you're hardly a "wannabe". Career goals change from time to time, and apparently that happened to you. Assuming that you left your former agency in good standing, it seems to me, you'd be a natural for a reserve slot. Look around, see if some departments have a reserve program, then get busy and apply. Good luck.

Comment

Somebody call my name?
          Can you say DYNASTY? Go Patriots!

Comment

Thanks PhilipCal, I never give up when I feel the Cop Bug. It's in my blood like true cops I guess.

-Brad

Comment

Originally posted by bgofast72
              Thanks PhilipCal, I never give up when I feel the Cop Bug. It's in my blood like true cops I guess.

-Brad
              it has two definitions. one- a goof ball who drives a retired crown vic, *with cage, spot light* and wears police tshirts from wal mart
              #two- is a legitimate applicant.
              just depends on who you are talking about

Comment

We hardly ever refer to a "legitimate" candidate as a "WANNABE but if you

1 Own an old wore out CV with spotlight and cage
                2. Collect Police Tee Shirts and wear them with black BDU pants
                3. Have an old Adam 12 Poster
                4. Watch "COPS" and believe that they are NOT acting
                5. Own a complete gun belt but have no gun
                6. Have a stun gun and have zapped your self more then once
                7. Have failed to get an education beyond high school and can't even spell
                " G E D"
                8. Are known by local cops all too well yet have never been arrested.
                9. Have old light bar on your bed headboard & it works
                10. Eat doughnouts even though you don't care for them.
                11. Bought an Aluminum clipboard to carry to school

and the list could go on and on.

However if

1. You are enrolled in school and are attending class
                2. Have a job and are supporting yourself
                3. Drive any car that can't be mistaken for "Da Man"
                4. Dress normally
                5. The local cops could care less who you are
                6. Have a plan in place to get you from A to Z in the hiring process

Then you are a "Candidate"
                Last edited by Bodie; 08-30-2005, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Soleil_nuage
                  Hahaha This had me howling. Maybe you should change your name. Everytime wannabe is mentioned, which is a lot on this site, your ears (eyes?) will perk up.

What does BDU stand for? I keep seeing those initials on this site.
                  It stands for Battle Dress Uniform.
                  No man is justified in doing evil on the grounds of expediency. - Theodore Roosevelt, The Strenuous Life: Essays and Addresses (1900)

Comment

I agree w/ Bodie 100%

STAY SAFE!
                    ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS, DON'T BLAME OTHERS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
                      We hardly ever refer to a "legitimate" candidate as a "WANNABE but if you

1 Own an old wore out CV with spotlight and cage
                      2. Collect Police Tee Shirts and wear them with black BDU pants
                      3. Have an old Adam 12 Poster
                      4. Watch "COPS" and believe that they are NOT acting
                      5. Own a complete gun belt but have no gun
                      6. Have a stun gun and have zapped your self more then once
                      7. Have failed to get an education beyond high school and can't even spell
                      " G E D"
                      8. Are known by local cops all too well yet have never been arrested.
                      9. Have old light bar on your bed headboard & it works
                      10. Eat doughnouts even though you don't care for them.
                      11. Bought an Aluminum clipboard to carry to school

and the list could go on and on.

However if

1. You are enrolled in school and are attending class
                      2. Have a job and are supporting yourself
                      3. Drive any car that can't be mistaken for "Da Man"
                      4. Dress normally
                      5. The local cops could care less who you are
                      6. Have a plan in place to get you from A to Z in the hiring process

Then you are a "Candidate"
                      What if I dress nicely and fall under no category exept the fact the local LE knows me? Am I a wannabe? The only reason they know me is because I work with them.

Comment

Based on some of your previous posts Lt Explorer you are close to being a Wannabe but some people may say you're only one or two comments away from getting there.

Since Explorers are CIVILIANS and you have all the lights etc you say you have on your PV and own all the police related goodies it doesn't take Jeff Foxworthy to say "Ya Might Be a Wannabe"

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
                          Based on some of your previous posts Lt Explorer you are close to being a Wannabe but some people may say you're only one or two comments away from getting there.

Since Explorers are CIVILIANS and you have all the lights etc you say you have on your PV and own all the police related goodies it doesn't take Jeff Foxworthy to say "Ya Might Be a Wannabe"
                          First of all you must be confusing me with someone else. I do not drive a CV PV. In fact I almost bought a cv becasue of the durability and then realized that folks might think I'm obsessed. Don't forget....I don't want to be a "COP" I want to be "Court Security". Also you stole my line "Ya might be a Wannabe"

Comment

Originally posted by LT. EXPLORER
                            First of all you must be confusing me with someone else. I do not drive a CV PV. In fact I almost bought a cv becasue of the durability and then realized that folks might think I'm obsessed. Don't forget....I don't want to be a "COP" I want to be "Court Security". Also you stole my line "Ya might be a Wannabe"
                            LT, you're making it worse for yourself....
                            I agree with Bodie there is a difference between a "Wannabe" and a "Gonnabe".
                            I hope doing a couple of the things on your list doesn't necessarily make me a "wannabe", lol
                            Well life is too short so love the one ya got cuz ya might get run over or ya might get shot.

Comment

Why are you so into court security. I havent heard that one yet.
                              press hard-5 copies

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4766 users online. 237 members and 4529 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X