300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How busy is your district/beat?

I was wondering if some of the OFFICERS on here would comment as to how busy your district/beat is? (If you're from NC even better!).

Example:

X number of calls during day/night/week/weekend

% that is domestic
    % that is noise violations
    % that is b&e, alarm calls, etc.
    % of traffic that you run
    % of time serving warrants

How often you run Code 3
    How many foot chases per week or month or year
    How many felony arrests

Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to get a grasp of the differences of big vs. medium vs. small size departments.

Thank you.
    Be a leader, not a follower

This time of year: 95% of calls are chasing polar bears out of town.

I don't get in foot pursuits because I know where everyone in town lives. I'll just wait at their house until they get cold and come home.

Last winter I had a guy run from me in his underwear onto the tundra. It was -30* with a wind chill of -60*. He came back to my truck and asked if he could get arrested so he can warm up. I obliged him.

Comment

I work for a smaller suburb of Oklahoma City. Our jurisdiction is about 39 square miles, so we have some area to cover. We also have two state highways that intersection in the middle of our jursidcition.

Although we are surrounded by bigger departments, we seem to get more arrests then they do.

My LT and I were talking yesterday. He said that in the two years he's been with us, he's had more arrests than he did in his 9 years at his former department. (Which has over three times the population we do.)

I think a lot of it is the state highways. A lot of my arrests come from traffic stops. And I'd say over 2/3s of them are not from the city I work in.

There is enough going on that I stay busy, but not so busy that I have to go from call to call or feel like I'm being run ragged.

The town I worked in before was tiny! I was one of 6 officers there, and two of the 6 were part-timers. When the convenience store in town closed at 11pm, so did the town. Our PD went 10-7 at midnight during the week, and between 2-3am on weekends. After that, county would take the calls....if there ever was any.
      Last edited by JLFINFAN; 08-28-2005, 11:27 AM.
      That's nice....sign here.

Comment

Ours is an average Midwest department. 1 murder last year, probably 18-20 sexual assaults, many drug related offenses, a lot of domestics, a lot of drunks, and a lot of traffic arrests. All in all, it's pretty calm most of the time.
        Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

Any other officers that can comment?
          Be a leader, not a follower

Comment

can't comment.....

our whole system is under investigation.....

but we are busy for sure...!

lotta 50c wannabee's, south of the border types,
            trailer trash, red necks....all types of criminal anarchy....

stay tuned.....
            " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
            " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Originally posted by trpr2b
              I was wondering if some of the OFFICERS on here would comment as to how busy your district/beat is? (If you're from NC even better!).

Example:

X number of calls during day/night/week/weekend

% that is domestic
              % that is noise violations
              % that is b&e, alarm calls, etc.
              % of traffic that you run
              % of time serving warrants

How often you run Code 3
              How many foot chases per week or month or year
              How many felony arrests

Sorry for all the questions. Just trying to get a grasp of the differences of big vs. medium vs. small size departments.

Thank you.
              I am from the midwest and work in a city of about 35,000 that borders with another city making a metro area of around 100,000. I work third shift, we start around 2230 and go till 0630.

Amount of calls fluctuate of course depending on the night. I can respond from call to call all night and be busy, to only about 4-5 small calls. Those nights I am stopping cars and finding my own trouble. I have over 65 OWI arrests this year.

The calls I go on are usually loud complaints or general disorderly calls (fights, intox etc) . A few domestics a week, not many Burglarys.

I run code 3 quite a bit. It seems like about once a week I am on foot running after somebody for something....

Most common felony arrests I get are drug arrest (possesion with intent)
              Also OWI 3rd is a class D felony. Domestic assault with injury 3rd is a Class D felony.
              Retired 02/01/13

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3000 users online. 141 members and 2859 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X