300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internal Affairs

Has anyone had an experience with IA? If so, what was it like? Do these people give you a good or bad feeling? Are they suspicious and critical of everyone in the department or not?

If you've worked in IA before, did you like it? Was it sometimes hard to discipline your fellow officers?

Thanks.

hmm at least in my agency IA does not do the discipline they investigate and turn their findings over to the chief or director as the case maybe.
    Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

Internal Affairs

On my department Internal Affairs is entitled Standards and Integrity. Same basic duties. S&I conducts administrative investigations into allegations of Trooper/employee misconduct. Criminal investigations are handled by the Alabama Bureau of Investigations, also a Division of the Dept of Public Safety. The results of an S&I investigation are turned over to the trooper's Division Chief for disciplinary action, if warranted. On the other hand, a criminal investigation which uncovered evidence of wrongdoing would be turned over to the District Attorney's Office for prosecution. Minor complaints concerning a trooper or employee, are investigated initially by the trooper's supervisor (Cpl or Sgt). The results of all investigations are documented and are listed as having basis, sustained, unfounded, or exhonorated.

Comment

Having been in IA several times over my career....all unfounded complaints btw...I was treated fairly every time.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4969 users online. 308 members and 4661 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X