300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Application Question

Okay, I promise to stop being the noob making all the threads but I actually have a serious question this time.

On some of the apps I'm required to list ALL jobs ever had. I bounced around A LOT of jobs in college as I only worked summers. (I was on the 5 year plan). So every summer I had a new job, sometimes two. So Questions:

1) I don't remember the name of 3 of my bosses. (I was like 18 at the time) But I remember all other details. Will this hurt? Yes, stupid of me, but I never thought I'd need them as references after I graduated.

2) Right out of college I was hired with a company. After three days I quit. I decided I had made my decision too fast and that company was not right for me. Again, it was stupid of me. Should I put this down as well? I DID collect a paycheck.

Thank you for your help.

nothing to see here
    Last edited by olnacl; 05-18-2006, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by olnacl
      1) if you can remember all of the details, can you not contact someone to get the bosses name?

2)yes
      Hmm... It never occured to me that they would be able to track down my boss (as I know those 3 people do not work there anymore). I'll give that a shot.

Thanks for the help.

I just realized there was another forum dedicated to this stuff. Sorry to have posted here.

Comment

Originally posted by kmwumc
        Hmm... It never occured to me that they would be able to track down my boss (as I know those 3 people do not work there anymore). I'll give that a shot.

Thanks for the help.

I just realized there was another forum dedicated to this stuff. Sorry to have posted here.
        dont let it happen again or we will,,,just kiddin,
        definetly make an effort to contact those past employers, it looks bad if you leave it for the BI to do, and yes put down the 3 day job, if it wasnt for you then it wasnt for you, atleast it shows that you have a level head and know when you are in over your head. shows character in my opinion. i saw a couple of rookies that quite after about 3 or 4 weeks on fto, if they show character and admit that they dont have it in them, no one ever spoke bad of them, actually respected them for it.

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
          dont let it happen again or we will,,,just kiddin,
          definetly make an effort to contact those past employers, it looks bad if you leave it for the BI to do, and yes put down the 3 day job, if it wasnt for you then it wasnt for you, atleast it shows that you have a level head and know when you are in over your head. shows character in my opinion. i saw a couple of rookies that quite after about 3 or 4 weeks on fto, if they show character and admit that they dont have it in them, no one ever spoke bad of them, actually respected them for it.
          Thanks for the advice I am so extremely nervous it's insane. I'm testing into 4 different departments in the next 3 months. I'm worried about having too many jobs and the three speeding tickets I had (at 16, 18 and 20 - I am now 25).

The corporate world is not for me and I will be extremely dissapointed if something small like that keeps me from being an LEO. I'll have no one to blame but myself, but it will still be dissapointing and I'll feel heartbroken.

Anyway, thanks again for the help.

Comment

i couldnt tell you how many moving violations i had between the ages of 16 and 19 *kinda like the spee dee show, but i wasnt proud of them* and i had a lot of college jobs too, thats just what they are college or high school jobs, i got hired when i was 24, so i wouldnt sweat it that much if that s all you have.
            on a side note i have to agree with you, i left the pd for the corp. life, it sucks, i want back in,
            college jobs are switched all the time you to go with who pays you the most and works with your schedule the best, dont sweat it.

Comment

Application Question

Your job history is not going to be that major an issue. List all the jobs you held to the very best of your memory, including the names of supervisors. What the BI is going to be looking for is any major omission, or pattern of deception in your work history. Having had several jobs while you where in high school or college is pretty common.

Comment

The job history thing is no big deal. If they think it is, they'll ask you about it in your oral. The speeding tickets may raise some eyebrows but if they weren't, what we out here call "criminal speed' (20+mph) they'll probably ignore them also. Don't look at your work history as a disadavntage. If it were me I'd say it's a "plus" and tell the oral board so. The increased skills and people contacts you've made doing those varied jobs lets you identify with the public more readily. See how it's actually a benefit? Good luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6182 users online. 323 members and 5859 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X