300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacation

As a rookie and/or during probationary period or about six months out of academy, would that be considered too soon to take a week vacation time?

6 months and you want a vacation already?
    Cowboys in town. Trouble expected.

Comment

I don't need one, I just promised my girl I'd take her somewhere next August, by then I'd be a few months on the job.

Comment

Well, for the record, I'm all for takin time off whenever I can. If you can swing a week of V-time in August, go for it. Who cares what anyone else thinks if it keeps your girl happy.
        Cowboys in town. Trouble expected.

Comment

Originally posted by regulator1
          I don't need one, I just promised my girl I'd take her somewhere next August, by then I'd be a few months on the job.
          33rd rule of law enforcement, dont make plans to far in advance. are you already in the academy?

Comment

33rd rule's going to be a tough one, I'm always used to planning ahead and being prepared. I still have one more semester of college before I graduate, then I'll go to the academy. I guess I should focus on getting hired first though, eh?

Comment

33rd rule's going to be a tough one, I'm always used to planning ahead and being prepared. I still have one more semester of college before I graduate, then I'll go to the academy. I guess I should focus on getting hired first though, eh?
              that would be good, dont get to confident so that it boarders being arrogant. that just sounded weird to me, anyway, you are right, it is a tough one to remember, dont know about all depts. but my old one, and other officers i have talked to, you dont know which shift you will be on at that time, what office you may be working on, whatever, dont wait till the last minute, but it was my expeirence that something always came up for when i had vacation planned, i never had to cancell a vacation, but i had to do a lot of juggleing at times.
              but pti is right, take it when you want to, you may get a lilttle crap from your superv. but thats probly just cause they dont wanna have to pick up the slack while youre gone.

Comment

I do admire your confidence!!! Booking vacation before even getting hired!!

Are you in the application process yet? Most application processes take from 6 months on the low end, to 24 months on the high end, just to get hired. And then there will be the training!!

If you aren't applying until you finish that last semester you won't have worry about getting the time, because you probably won't be into your BI by them.

Good luck!

Comment

Sorry if I sound stupid, but what is BI?

Comment

Have you even applied yet?

Comment

No, but I'll be doing an internship with the department this semester.

Comment

A lot of departments won't allow you to take vacation leave for the first six months or year you are there anyways. I've worked in two states and can't think of one that allows that. Not saying there aren't any, just pointing out a possibility.
                        God made cops so firemen would have heroes.

You do not greet Death; you punch him in the throat repeatedly as he drags you away.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Po-po
                          A lot of departments won't allow you to take vacation leave for the first six months or year you are there anyways. I've worked in two states and can't think of one that allows that. Not saying there aren't any, just pointing out a possibility.
                          i dont remember, if only having six months onboard, would you have enough time built up yet.

Comment

BI- Background Investigation..

Are you applying to a large Dept? Have you looked into when they are accepting applications, and when the test write will be? Or how long the academy is?

With us, the first six months after training is RTF (Recruit Field Training) and you have to complete it without an extension to get your first pay raise. So, you can take a block of if you need too, but unless you are doing super well, it's better than you stay at work and get all the stuff the heap on you done.

And my priority would be the job and not that trip. If you are sucessful in getting the job you'll be able to afford to take a few vacations of the years, how many do you think you'll take being a "sales associate" for the #1 ranked company in the fortune 500 for the 4th year in a row??

Comment

Originally posted by cst.sb
                              BI- Background Investigation..

Are you applying to a large Dept? Have you looked into when they are accepting applications, and when the test write will be? Or how long the academy is?

With us, the first six months after training is RTF (Recruit Field Training) and you have to complete it without an extension to get your first pay raise. So, you can take a block of if you need too, but unless you are doing super well, it's better than you stay at work and get all the stuff the heap on you done.

And my priority would be the job and not that trip. If you are sucessful in getting the job you'll be able to afford to take a few vacations of the years, how many do you think you'll take being a "sales associate" for the #1 ranked company in the fortune 500 for the 4th year in a row??
                              i didnt think you were able to miss any days on fto, unless for family sickness or death? isnt that the norm?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6131 users online. 369 members and 5762 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X