Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• squad51
    replied
    Yeah a cop buddy of mine and are going to chicago for a knife show (he sells high end knifes as a side gig) and he wanted to fly, I said lets drive as it will be cheaper in the long run and we can pack heat alot easier...

Leave a comment:

• mach4
    replied
    If I'm on vacation and flying I don't carry. Usually when I'm on vacation I'm driving, that way I can take the dog and the guns.

Leave a comment:

• Lt. DAInv
    replied
    Flying Armed

I recently flew armed from CA to WV. (I was on-duty.) It was the first time I flew armed since 9-11. I was concerned that the airlines would make it more difficult for on-duty LEO's to fly armed. However, I was surprised to find that flight crews on each of the planes I had to take were very happy to have an armed LEO on board. It actually seemed to be less of a hassel than befor 9-11.

Leave a comment:

• Da Po-po
    replied
    Originally posted by regulator1
    What a pain man. You'd think as a sworn LEO, you'd be allowed to carry.
    Yup. I agree 100%, especially these days. I think part of it has to do with the cramped quarters on the aircraft and the old fear that a bullethole in the wall will cause a catastrophic decompression (which has been proven to be EXTREMELY unlikely).

Just as a side note about policies that are a pain... in Florida, sworn LEO's have to do the mandatory 3 day wait, but if you are a civilian with a CCW permit, there is no wait. If you can figure that crap out, fill me in!

Leave a comment:

• regulator1
    replied
    What a pain man. You'd think as a sworn LEO, you'd be allowed to carry.

Leave a comment:

• Da Po-po
    replied
    midmichigan is correct. The only circumstances where an officer can carry is during the course of official duty where having a firearm on the person is necessary, and you must have a letter from your agency head, and proof of completion of the "Flying While Armed" class. You can check a handgun in your luggage, but it must be unloaded and locked in a hard case. The locked case must be secured in your luggage to be checked and you must declare the firearm at the ticket counter when you check your bag. This is recent info since I will be flying to NY state in a month.

Leave a comment:

• midmichigancop
    replied
    There is a course that we can take thats called "flying while armed." This covers carrying while in the course of duty on a commercial aircraft. I don't believe that it applies to off duty carry on an aircraft. At this time I believe the answer would be no in that case but I'm not positive.

Leave a comment:

• regulator1
    started a topic Weapons on airplane?

Weapons on airplane?

As a sworn officer, are you allowed to carry a firearm on a commercial airline for example, during your vacation?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2157 users online. 121 members and 2036 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X