Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will my Driving Record Hurt Me in BI???

Hey I only have 3 points left on my driving record, a Speeding violation in 2003 that I was convicted on, a Running a Stop Sign In 2000 and another Speeding ticket in 2000 I was convicted on. Other than that I have a perfect clean criminal record, with a 4 year college drgree. Im 23 and I did great on my physical test 70 push-ups & 50 sit-ups in a minute. 13:07 in 1.5 Mile. and 44 sec in 300 meter run.

Will my driving record hurt me on my BI, I remember my BI saying that a bad driving record could DQ you.

Uh ??? We can also view the one's no longer on your record. They drop off record but don't go away. When court records are scanned the citations will pop up from 10 to 15 yrs back so it's your total driving record that will be viewed not just the one for your insurance rates.

You could bo oh so screwed if you have very many citations etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
      Uh ??? We can also view the one's no longer on your record. They drop off record but don't go away. When court records are scanned the citations will pop up from 10 to 15 yrs back so it's your total driving record that will be viewed not just the one for your insurance rates.

You could bo oh so screwed if you have very many citations etc.
      Those are my driving record I got from the DMV,they are the only ones I have. Im 23 so I only been driving about 7 years...How long does it take for them to drop off.

Comment

It depends on the agency. Your driving history isn't that bad. However, I would be prepared to answer some tough questions about it in the oral board.
        RADAR is the 8th wonder of the world.

Comment

I agree with the other posts. Your history isn't that terrible, but it basically comes down to the individual agency you have applied with. With ours, the only automatic DQ's are DUI and Reckless Driving within 10 years or 12 points within 5 years. That is partly due to insurance requirements.
          God made cops so firemen would have heroes.

You do not greet Death; you punch him in the throat repeatedly as he drags you away.

Comment

Will my driving record hurt me in BI?

Your driving record would be a considerable "Red Flag" with my agency.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal
              Your driving record would be a considerable "Red Flag" with my agency.
              Really...I guess you have to be perfect to be a cop. I might just have to go into the Air Force then.

Comment

Originally posted by Preeseason
                Really...I guess you have to be perfect to be a cop. I might just have to go into the Air Force then.
                Dude, apply. Some people live in states where it is damn near impossible to be hired, while some others will be able to get on with an agency easily, its all dependant on the number of applicants vs. the number of qualified personnel. Your driving record isn't bad at all, don't let it break you...

Comment

Don't let number of points on your driving record discourage you. The plain fact is that people make mistakes, and as long as it is not your integrity that is in question I would not worry about a couple of moving violations. However, do take into account that some agencies are harder to get into than others, and they look for any reason to DQ you from the hiring process. Good luck and I hope you find a department who can overlook these minor violations.

Comment

jayt 1932 that really sugar coated it. Points will DQ you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
                      jayt 1932 that really sugar coated it. Points will DQ you.
                      Are you all really that overwhelmed with applicants in OH?

Comment

Driving record and BI

I responded to your original post by stating that your driving record would be a major "Red Flag" with my agency. Although the Alabama Dept of Public Safety is a full service state police agency, it's most visible and well known function is that of traffic enforcement. In our background checks we look for any pattern of violations that evidence a disregard for the law. While your driving record certainly does not make you a criminal, it just isn't going to do you any good on an application. In regard to your inquiry concerning the number of applicants Ohio gets? I really can't answer that statisically, but I can assure you, most agencies have far more applicants than they do positions open.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6396 users online. 345 members and 6051 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X