300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the most difficult part of the job

I'm a young guy working on getting into LE. I just wanted to ask you officers out there what do you really find the most difficult aspect of the job you do everyday. I just want honest answers so I can really know where you all are coming from and what I would need to expect upon getting a job in Law enforcement. Thanks!
    In certain situations the sword works better than the pen.

New as well:

Originally posted by noobs
    I'm a young guy working on getting into LE. I just wanted to ask you officers out there what do you really find the most difficult aspect of the job you do everyday. I just want honest answers so I can really know where you all are coming from and what I would need to expect upon getting a job in Law enforcement. Thanks!
    Well I'm new into my correction's career right now but if I had to say what was the hardest thing thus far it would be patience.
    - He took an aggressive stance with clenched fists. I then issued a short burst of my chemical agent.

Comment

Arrested a woman tonight for DUI and possession of CDS. (She had enough that she'll do time.) Her 5 year old daughter was riding in the front seat. She watched me, with tears coming down her checks, handcuff her mom and put her in the backseat of my unit.

Unfortunately, I've had to do this sort of thing before. I've never "gotten used to it"....I never will.
      That's nice....sign here.

Comment

Yeah. I already know the majority of people here will say the instances negatively involving kids.

Comment

this one is easy. For me the hard part is not losing my temper when dealing with an @$$. anger management is a must.

Comment

Like Bodie said.....Seeing the worst in people everyday..............and that's before dismissal from rolll call
            Trooperden, akman75, & azmichelle ignored

Comment

Unsupportive, unethical, supervisors who lie.
              It is not the critic who counts...

Comment

This is my first time on this site, but I thought this would be a good place to start it off. Personally, I think this has about three answers.

#1. Taking care of your family and making sure they come first. This is hard after a hard day at work and you just saw the worst thing, but yet to not take that incident home with you and let it get between your family and you. Or working 3rd shift on the weekends when your kids are home and wanting to spend time with you and you need to get some sleep. Or working your 3rd shift and then having to stay up for court that day and then having a special assignment that evening and still trying to spend at least a little bit of time with your family.

#2. Children deaths. As a detective, the worst autopsy I ever worked was a shaken baby death. I have worked and unaccountable amount of deaths and autopsies, but to work a child death when you have a child the same age, that just tore me up.

#3. BAD COPS!!!!! There is nothing more that disgraces the badge and the standards we live by then being in the same line of work as a worthless cop. I have been doing this now since 1996 and I am embarrased every time I hear of a cop going bad. There are numerous temptations out there. You just have to have the morals to do the right thing all the time. I am by far perfect and I have made my mistakes, but as long as you learn by them, they are just that, mistakes. But if you continually do the same thing over and over, that is no longer a mistake but bad judgement on you as an officer of the law.

This is just my $.02. Good luck in your path to being an officer and I wish you the best.

"In God we trust, all others we run NCIC"
                "In God we trust, all others we run NCIC"

Comment

The most difficult part for me has been dealing with those clueless individuals who think they know all about law enforcement and haven't set foot on the street. It's this type of person that does the monday morning quarterbacking that causes so many problems in our profession.
                  God made cops so firemen would have heroes.

You do not greet Death; you punch him in the throat repeatedly as he drags you away.

Comment

The hardest thing, for me:

#1 Watching the shell games and leniency that is dealt out in court in the sterile atmosphere that hardly hints at the flavour of the crime for which the defendant was arrested for.

#2 Realizing that since you have chosen a career in LE (no, its not just a job) after you get about 10-15 years on, you have sold your soul to the Agency and they own you if you intend to continue to reach retirement. They say when you can go home, when you can go out of town, what you can say, what you CAN'T say, what you can wear, who your friends can be, what you can do when you are off-duty, and control, for the most part, your income. Granted, in many circumstances I would make the same decisions, but that's not the point.
                    Do you realize that in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos?
                    --------------------------------------------------
                    Common sense... the LEAST COMMON of all of the senses.
                    --------------------------------------------------
                    Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "assteroids"?

Comment

The toughest thing I have to do on the job is tell a parent that their child is dead.
                      RADAR is the 8th wonder of the world.

Comment

This is probably going to sound selfish, but my least favorite part of the job usually revolves around scheduling issues. Going to court and other things on my days off, as well as being called in or having vacations cancelled. It makes you feel like your job owns you.

Comment

Originally posted by ShortSeven
                          This is probably going to sound selfish, but my least favorite part of the job usually revolves around scheduling issues. Going to court and other things on my days off, as well as being called in or having vacations cancelled. It makes you feel like your job owns you.
                          there aint nothin selfish bout that, i agree 200%, i hated that part of it,

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5875 users online. 301 members and 5574 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X