This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Policemen on Cellular Phones

I get frustrated sometimes when I see a policeman on a cell phone without an earpiece. How can these guys do this then give me a ticket. Do they write themselves a summons'? If I take a picture of them with my cell phone, (while I'm driving) can I send it to someone who will do something?

Originally posted by Samuel
    ditto here

Comment

Is it against the law in PA to talk on the phone while driving?
      Cowboys in town. Trouble expected.

Comment

Bait The Traps

Set the traps, I think we have troll running loose. His first two (and only two) posts are questioning the police.

Comment

Why is it that people seem to actually believe that if they go to a police website to criticize the police that they could possibly get a favorable response?

Anyways I degress,

In response to the questions:
          There is a pretty damn good chance that this officer is calling in to dispatch in regards to something work related that either can't be put over the radio for privacy reasons, or to basically avoid the world hearing it. Just one of the many thing police officers do to help protect and serve the public. How would you like the world listening on a police scanner that the police are responding to your house because you just called them to rat on someone for playing music too loud? (which i'm sure you do) That's on a small scale what if it were something quite private and personal in regards to your family and the world was able to listen to all the details because officers couldn't call on their cell phone to protect your privacy. By the way I almost forgot to mention, most officers are doing this on their dime too, using their own personal cell phone that the department doesnt even pay for.
          "You guys really do have a quota to meet, don't ya"
          "Actually ma'am I don't have a quota, I'm free to write as many citations as I'd like"

Comment

Better ticket them for using a computer too....

YEAH I KNOW IT'S ASK A COP!
            Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

Originally posted by PTI
              Is it against the law in PA to talk on the phone while driving?
              Nope. Don't feed the trolls

Comment

While its not illegal to drive and talk on a handheld cellphone, radio, walky-talky or to a passenger in SC, please feel free to continue doing it wherever else you drive. We don't need anymore nattering ninny's who can't talk with their hands and think about driving here. Our courtesy just can't stand it.

And you're welcome.
                Do you realize that in about 40 years, we'll have thousands of old ladies running around with tattoos?
                --------------------------------------------------
                Common sense... the LEAST COMMON of all of the senses.
                --------------------------------------------------
                Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "assteroids"?

Comment

Originally posted by Tennsix
                  Set the traps, I think we have troll running loose. His first two (and only two) posts are questioning the police.

How dare any member of the public question the police.
                  Retired

Comment

Heck, JUST a cell phone?! Most of us are typing on the MDC, talking on radio, looking for bad guys AND talking on the cell phone.

Comment

Originally posted by retired

It appears that his question includes the "How do I get the officer in trouble" theme. If an officer is doing something wrong then he has the right to report it. However, as I'm sure you are aware Retired, LE does alot of things that the general public either has no clue about or because of personal prejudice towards LE perceive the action(s) as wrong or a double standard.

In this particular situation, it is very common for LE to make a cell phone call to obtain confidential information while enroute to a call.

However, if the officer is making a personal call on company time while driving where there is a statue against said action then it is a double standard which should not happen.
                      Job description as told by an old timer: "Drive fast cars, look at pretty women, and drink coffee".

Comment

Originally posted by z28kilr
                        Heck, JUST a cell phone?! Most of us are typing on the MDC, talking on radio, looking for bad guys AND talking on the cell phone.

This would be the closest to the truth. Except you forgot drinking a cup of coffee, chewing gum, etc.

Job description as told by an old timer: "Drive fast cars, look at pretty women, and drink coffee".

Comment

Originally posted by retired

I see his post like a whine.

TGY
                          Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy
                            I see his post like a whine.

TGY

Is that a fine wine or just a cheap imitation whine?

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky Seven
                              Is that a fine wine or just a cheap imitation whine?

I see it as a cheap, boxed 7-Eleven wine (no offense to box wine drinkers).

TGY
                              Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6298 users online. 355 members and 5943 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X