300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this realistic?

Ok, I guess when people are first looking to find a PD to work for, they most of the time will apply around at local departments around where he/she is living. Would it be weird for someone who is living in CA to apply with (hypothetical list):
    Portland, OR
    Nashville Metro PD (Tenn.)
    Seattle, WA

Is that really weird? Would you want to live somewhere and then apply around that area? I'm just thinking of ideal places I'd like to live, but I can't live in all of them at once, and I certainly can't guarantee getting hired by all of them.

That's not really all that odd. Just be prepared to give a reasonable explanation for wanting to move away from where you are from.
    God made cops so firemen would have heroes.

You do not greet Death; you punch him in the throat repeatedly as he drags you away.

Comment

Not at all! Most departments have a special hiring process for people who are out of town or state. Thousands of future LE do it, especially for large departments. Now if it were for a small (2 man) department I would wonder, "what's up with that?" As for if your asked whay THAT department, your answer above is just as good as anyone ...... I want to live in this area cause ____________________!

Good luck!

Comment

Not odd at all lots of people would like to live someplace else

Comment

Ok cool. Thanks guys.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6253 users online. 331 members and 5922 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X