Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question

I have been hired by the Chapel Hill police department
    (NC). I took the vision test with the department and passed with 20/20 vision. About two weeks later my eyes started to hurt. So I went to a eye doctor and she told me that I have perfect vision, It is just I might need to wear reading glasses while working on the computer and Reading also might give me a headache if I look at it for far too long. She also said that it might be the strain from looking at the computer so much. My question is, If I get these glasses to only read with and look at the computer will I get disqualified and kicked out of the academy? Again even the eye doctor said that I have actually 20/10, I just need the glasses for only those purposes. Please let me know all that you can, because becoming a police officer is my career goal in life and I don't want to mess it up. Thanks to all!!!!!!!!!!!

Al long as you meet your department's standards (which you apparently already have) you should not have a problem. I don't know of any agency that will disqualify you for needing reading glasses.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Your fine, relax.
      Two people can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

Comment

If you can take the stigma of being the "Old Man" then, you'll be fine. As stated earlier, you already meet the requirements. Many officers use reading glasses. It's the officer safety thing we're worried about.

PS: DON'T get the little chain thing to hang them around your neck, even if you think they look cool ..

Comment

Lasik later in life will make it fine

Comment

Thanks for the info. I am very happy that I will not get kicked out. I am looking forward to this career and can't wait to wear that shield of honor. Thanks again guys/gals for your help.

Comment

Congrats on the job. I've got a friend who's on as a reserve in Chapel Hill. He likes it there. Good luck and stay safe.
              "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body; but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!'"

Comment

Glasses

As noted, not a problem. Good luck at the Academy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5590 users online. 333 members and 5257 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X