300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random attack

Hello. I just got a call from my sisters fiance' and he said he was just jumped by three males as he was getting home. He said he was exiting his vehicle, and a silver subaru drove past, flipped around, and three guys got out. They said "What's your problem," said they were going to kill him, and started beating on him. He said he thought he could smell marajuana on them. He called the police and an officer came out. The officer asked why they would do that, my sis's fiance' said he didn't know, and the officer said "Well, that doesn't happen. They need a reason." It doesn't sound like the officer was even going to make a report about it. This isn't something that happens much in our town. I know that its not the officer's job to make it personal, because it's not his future bro-in-law, but is there any way to see if the officer did even make the report? Or to find out any further info if there was another incident similar to this one?

Her fiance' is a really passive, small guy, maybe 5'3'', 115 lbs soaking wet, and he says he hasn't done anything to provoke anyone, didn't notice anyone following him home.

Its just too wierd and kind of scary. Any thoughts? Just too close to home I guess...
    Started POST Sept. 6, 2005

It is certainly different when it's close to home. The cop more than likely made his statement based on his and most of our experience. Everyone lies to us and there is usually some sort of argument, diagreement or provoked confrontation. It is not often when it just some random beating. It happens, don't get me wrong, but it is not the norm. That said, the officer more than likely (99.9% sure) made some report, especailly if there are notable injuries. Contact the department and ask them for a copy of the report. (may take a couple days) Not sure what good it will do your friend but you are entitled to it. If there is no further information (plate, description, name) on the perps is available then not too much will come of it. Just the facts, not trying to make it worse for ya.

Comment

Yeah unfortunately he didn't get a look at the license plate or even a real good description of the attackers either. Happened too quickly. Just what he thought was a silver Subaru. Thanks for the info about the copy of the report. I also was wondering if he happened to have ****ed anyone off lately or noticed someone following him home and he said no. He had just dropped my sister off and went straight home. I guess its good that she wasn't with him at the time. God knows what could've happened then. Also thankful it wasn't worse and my sis had to bury him before she could marry him...

Comment

Seldom as police do we see a true "random" attack. They are one in a million.
        We perhaps need to hear more of this story.

Comment

From what I know, my sis's fiance' dropped my sister off at home, and drove home, which is not more than a mile away. He got out of his car in front of his own house, the silver subaru drove past, did a three-point turn-around, and the three men exited the vehicle. They asked what his problem was and said they were going to kill him. They punched him about nine times in the face, and then sped off. He said he could smell what he thought was marajuana on them. He called the police and the officer that responded said that it doesn't happen like that.

I understand that its an odd situation. I asked him myself if he did anything to **** anyone off or if he knows why someone would do that, if he was followed home at all, etc... and there was nothing. I know you guys don't know him, or me for that matter, and have no reason to believe him (or me) but I do, and this is seriously just some random, unprovoked attack. The thing that really bothers me is how the cop acted. Like I said, its not his future bro-in-law, and he has no reason to get involved personally with this. I guess its just a frustrating situation in general and I needed to vent...

If they were on something, I don't think it would be out of the question they were out looking for trouble and happened to pick on him, since he's a smaller guy. I've been shoved around by drunks in bars during my days in a rock band because they didn't like what I was playing, and i'm 6'4'' 230 lbs. Maybe some people just like to fight?

Comment

might he have cut them off in traffic or something. as far as the officer saying "it doesnt happen like that" well dont take it personal, like some others said, this type of things is a very rare occurance. if there was physical harm like you say, i would say almost certain that there was a report. but with no witnesses, no tags, nothing to go off of, there is very little to do, unless someone starts bragging about it then someone reports them.
            but the officer saying that , well it s just the nature of the beast, most times most people try to sound like a completely innocent victim, and very rarely is that true. not that it makes it right, but, the fact is that most people that police deal with, as victims, there is usually something more there and they dont want to tell the police what it is, cause then they are not an "innocent victim".

Comment

Yeah, I understand that. I guess its just frustrating and scary, since nothing like this has happened before to someone I know. I wasn't with him when it happened or on the car ride home, but that's the story he's told me, so i'm sticking with it. I guess i'm just venting. All the more reason to be a cop He's OK and that's all that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
                might he have cut them off in traffic or something.
                That was the first thing that jumped into my head!

As a police officer you have to ask the hard questions because 99.999% of people will minimize their involvement in an incident.

If there was call made and a police officer attended there is a file on the incident. Some departments asign a file number to every car, and some create files is action if taken or a complaint wants something documented.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6158 users online. 328 members and 5830 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X