300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving across country.

Got a couple q's for you officer that have or are moving across country. When you filled out the apps for the dept's you want, did any of them have an issue with the current adress? I live in NJ, and am moving to Nevada in 2 months hopefully. Will a deptartment turn away an out of state app over local applicants? Or sould I just call the dept's im applying too.
    "Guns dont make me nervous. Idiots with guns make me nervous." -Charles Bronson ,Deathwish IV

Help control the idiot population.Have your stupid friends spayed or nutered.

Why in the world would you want to leave Jersey!?!

Oh wait what am I thinking, cause Jersey sucks. Good luck making the move out West. I tried twice and couldn't make it work.

BTW, I know Las Vegas holds testing for out of state applicants. It's a really good dept and one that I still think about applying for someday once I get fed up with this state.

Comment

What Dept will you be working for? I moved from the midwest out here. Put your current address down (NJ). Most folks here in Las Vegas are not Native. A fair amount of our applicants are from out of state, the gene pool here is tapped out...

Comment

I am currently in the application process with the Pittsburgh Police Department and I live in Long Beach, California. They did not in any way discourage me or treat my application any different because I was out of state. They did not have an out of state accelerated process, but did what they could to schedule certain steps together like the polygraph and fitness test. Best of luck to you.

Comment

Hey VegasMetro do you know what the deal is with the suspeding of lateral transfers for Vegas PD? Is this just temporary because there are no positions available or is it a future policy decision?

Comment

We are not getting the amount of laterals to support keeping the program going. LVMPD is re-evaluating it as we speak. The last lateral academy had less than 10 folks in it...

Comment

Crap I guess there goes that idea then. Dammit.

Comment

I havent been hired yet. I have and currently been sending apps out just recently. So I am not holding my breath as of yet. I am applying to LVMPD soon, sent out apps to nye county sheriffs dept, and LV Corrections.

Most likely I will get a job in the trade I am in now, just to make the mortgage ppl happy. I was told a career change isnt a good idea when you are trying to get a mortgage. VegasMetro, I heard rumor that las vegas would hold, if thats a proper term, an application, and work with out of state applicants. Meaning i send then an app, then a few weeks before I move and get the call saying the are considering me. Does it fall on me to make it a point to get there when they say, or will they work with me to set a date?
                "Guns dont make me nervous. Idiots with guns make me nervous." -Charles Bronson ,Deathwish IV

Help control the idiot population.Have your stupid friends spayed or nutered.

Comment

Moving across country

Just keep the agencies you've applied to, updated on your current address.I noted a couple of replies from LVMPD Officers. That's a great agency. I was a Deputy Sheriff on the "old " Clark County Sheriff's Dept. Vegas has grown leaps and bounds since I left in "72". Should you relocate there, employment shouldn't be a problem. If you can't find a job in Las Vegas, you ain't looking. I'd definitely put in an application with LVMPD. They have exacting standards, but that's the only type of agency you really want to work for anyway.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5870 users online. 346 members and 5524 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X