300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the sayings in training:
    "If the suspect in a felony stop is obeying all your command..... it's the wrong car!"
    "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
    John Stuart Mill

Comment

Da Poo Poo it would be great if every stop could be a text book felony stop like they show on TV. In your 8 yrs how many felony stops have you made.
      Lots of officers have been shot doing those stops by nuts that just don't care how many cops have guns pointed at them.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Po-po
        The only reason that officers do this is because they see it on TV and it looks good. I've done it myself in the past knowing better. Rushing up on a car like that is an open invitation to get shot or run over. I challenge anyone to provide any recent training material that teaches anything but a felony stop at the conclusion of a stop when the driver stays with the car.
        very true, but also its not a good idea to open the door cause if the vehicle is still driveable then if they put it in gear, you get caught by the door, .

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
          Da Poo Poo it would be great if every stop could be a text book felony stop like they show on TV. In your 8 yrs how many felony stops have you made.
          Lots of officers have been shot doing those stops by nuts that just don't care how many cops have guns pointed at them.
          Boobie... plenty of felony stops... want a number? Probably 25 or so. I agree that not every stop can be a textbook felony stop, but where do you get off acting like you are the king know-all and encouraging officers to disregard basic officer safety on all pursuits simply because some stops don't go like we would hope they would? May I remind you of the FBI shootout in Miami that caused the death of 2 agents because they rushed a felony vehicle? That incident changed the basic technique for conducting felony stops and pursuits. It's that type of attitude that gets officers killed. Now, before you get on your little rant, I am not in supervision, I have been a training officer for 4 years, on patrol for 8 years, worked K9, am a certified firearms instructor and basic recruit instructor, and a participant in the Calibre Press Street Survival seminar. I enjoy busting heads and dragging people out of cars as much as the next guy, but the simple fact is that the safest way to terminate a pursuit is to initiate a felony stop. If it doesn't work out that way, then so be it. You go with the flow and figure out another approach. Why not be safe and slow down the situation to make a good tactical analysis before running into a potentially deadly encounter unprepared? If the occupants won't comply and you can get up to the car and drag the guy out the vent window without getting shot or run over, have at it. Boobie, you really need to relax...
          God made cops so firemen would have heroes.

You do not greet Death; you punch him in the throat repeatedly as he drags you away.

Comment

This tactic was taught as part of officer safety. Get the suspect out of the car and cuffed as fast as possible. This is usually only used at the end of a chase when the idiot crashes . I do prefer a a tex book felony stop with plenty of back up and firepower etc. During those stops I can breath and take careful aim .........................

By the way Beano we love the Rott (wife & I) we've had 4 and one part boxer/rott mix. BEST DOG IN THE WORLD.

Comment

This tactic was taught as part of officer safety. Get the suspect out of the car and cuffed as fast as possible. This is usually only used at the end of a chase when the idiot crashes . I do prefer a a tex book felony stop with plenty of back up and firepower etc. During those stops I can breath and take careful aim .........................

By the way Beano we love the Rott (wife & I) we've had 4 and one part boxer/rott mix. BEST DOG IN THE WORLD.

Now THAT I can agree with.
              God made cops so firemen would have heroes.

You do not greet Death; you punch him in the throat repeatedly as he drags you away.

Comment

Thanks sir. That's one half of our alarm system.

Minimum effort yeilds minimal results

Comment

Originally posted by VegasMetro
                  Tunnel Vision...as a result of the massive adrenaline dump their body just sustained. Most cops just want to get the "client" out of the car the fastest way possible and don't realize to open the door. I have done it, more time than I would like to admit, but it happens...

What you call a client is a suspect that could be very dangerous and takes full advantage of an officer trying to fumble with a locked door. Another thing is that he could have a gun and when you open the door boom. The first thing i can see on him comes through the window

Comment

With a couple of Rotts around you don't need the gun ... unless the dogs don't finish'em off

Comment

I always laugh/cringe when I see cops run up to a vehicle after a chase and extricate the ******bag thru the window. It's not safe, time is on our side, and even if there are 10 coppers with their guns out, if suspect pops you in the face with a couple of rounds, will your family feel better knowing your buddies killed him afterwards?

I've been a cop 10 years and numerous pursuits with many more felony stops, and I have never seen another officer perform this maneuver. If you do that out here, you would be the subject of (at least) a severe ***-chewing and endless ball-busting in roll call.
                      Officer, I borrowed these pants!

Comment

Like cops in California do everything right all the time.

Comment

Holy Broken Windows Bodie, I dont think I have ever heard you be this funny!

I will from this day forward use #4 as a basis for any take down I find warrents it!!
                          After the pin is pulled, Mr. Hand Grenade is no longer your friend.

"Shut the door I'm tryin to poop!" - Larry the Cable Guy

(\__/)
                          (O.o )
                          (> < )

Comment

I think the favorite CA takedown is flashlight to the head (muiltiple strikes)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4041 users online. 251 members and 3790 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X