300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window vs. door

This is a question that's been bobbing around in my gourd for quite some time. Why do cops pull their "client" out through the window vs. the car door following a car chase? I'm sure different agencies have different policies so I'm curious what the general consensus is. Thanks.
    Minimum effort yeilds minimal results

Because it looks more dramatic on TV.

Comment

Because idiot won't unlock car door
      Because officer really does not want to reach into car to fumble for lock
      Because officer would prefer to control suspect.
      Because where the idiot's head goes the body will soon thereafter follow.

Comment

Does adrenaline play a part in the decision to extricate them that way? Why not use felony stop procedures?
        My wife was the originator of the question and I gave her (close to) the same answers as Bodie.

Comment

No it is a trained procedure been taught since the 70's

Comment

Tunnel Vision...as a result of the massive adrenaline dump their body just sustained. Most cops just want to get the "client" out of the car the fastest way possible and don't realize to open the door. I have done it, more time than I would like to admit, but it happens...

Comment

We forgot to mention just how much fun it is and that other officers time us much like calf roping at the rodeo.

Comment

What's going to happen one day when the car is rushed and the "client" pulls out a gun and starts blasting away?

Perhaps the policies will change to make them all "felony stops" after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
                  We forgot to mention just how much fun it is and that other officers time us much like calf roping at the rodeo.
                  What's your quickest time?

Comment

Car is never rushed without sufficient fire power covering your back so if gun comes out "client" becomes "corpse"

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
                      Because idiot won't unlock car door
                      Because officer really does not want to reach into car to fumble for lock
                      Because officer would prefer to control suspect.
                      Because where the idiot's head goes the body will soon thereafter follow.
                      I really like the forth one....
                      What we are dealing with here.......is a complete lack of respect for the law (Sheriff Buford T. Justice)

Comment

When we were 1st taught this "tactic" number 4 was the one we all remembered.

Comment

I really used to miss the 'wing' windows, the little triangular windows in front of the main window. Getting them out through there was harder, but worth the effort!
                          "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                          John Stuart Mill

Comment

The only reason that officers do this is because they see it on TV and it looks good. I've done it myself in the past knowing better. Rushing up on a car like that is an open invitation to get shot or run over. I challenge anyone to provide any recent training material that teaches anything but a felony stop at the conclusion of a stop when the driver stays with the car.
                            God made cops so firemen would have heroes.

You do not greet Death; you punch him in the throat repeatedly as he drags you away.

Comment

Everyone I've seen helped through the window refused to open the door.

I've never really understood this either. Youre a dumby that has just run from the police. You have attracted every police that is working and listening to the radio to your location. You are surrounded by police. Now, you aren't going to open the door. Like we're just going to say, " Oh, well! Kings X . We'll leave now." Somebody is going to jail. It doesn't really matter how they get there. They are going.

Everything I have seen recommends a felony stop. But a majority of the time I haven't seen this happen unless the suspect was busting caps during the pursuit.
                              Last edited by Evnings; 08-22-2005, 04:59 PM.
                              RADAR is the 8th wonder of the world.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6065 users online. 363 members and 5702 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X