Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vest Storage?

Hello,

How do you store your vest? Hang it up on a hanger, or lay it horizontally. I heard youre supposed to lay it horizontally so the material does not "sag" but I can't find any information on storing a vest on the carrier, or the vest itself.

Thanks
    -Ben S
    U.S. Coast Guard R since 2006.
    Petty Officer Third Class (E-4)

Any ideas guys?

Comment

I pretty much take mine off and prop it up against the wall on the back of my dresser. I spray it with FaBreeze once or twice a week. And I change the carrier out each week and wash them. I never heard about any problems with the material in the vest shifting around. It's more likely that the actual panels will sink to the bottom of the carrier. My panels fit in one of my carriers perfect, but the other carrier seems to do weird things.

I do have a brand new one that I am keeping in the box and that is under my bed- laying flat.
      "Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince" - Unknown Author

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves." - Thomas Jefferson

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” - John Adams

Comment

An Armor Holdings rep spoke at an IALEFI regional I attended. He posited that hanging the vest tends to contribute to bunching at the bottom of the panels. I suspect this will depend on if and how much your gear pushes the vest up when you sit in the cruiser. He recommended that vests be stored horizontally.
        John from Maryland

Comment

Thanks John from Maryland, and FNA209.

Comment

Horiztonal

The sheet of paper that came with my second chance vest (not a recalled one), stated to store it horizontally and not to hang it up.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6765 users online. 365 members and 6400 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X