300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD Police Cars

Ok so everytime I see a picture of a NYPD car it looks pretty nasty. I'm sure your guys cars are all fleet vechicles right? i'm sure you guys have better things to do than to wash the car too...Also, whats up with the light bar...can you guys not have blue lights?

NYS law... red emergency lights ONLY to be used on emergency vehicles... that includes EMS, police (PD, Sherriff, State Police). Blue lights are reserved for volunteer firefighters

and NYS does NOT allow for blue and red to be mixed

http://www.nysgtsc.state.ny.us/emer-vt.htm

I noticed that florida and most other states use blue only or red and blue

I guess NY LEO are true blood and the rest of the country are either cripts or both blood and cripts

Comment

Originally posted by NYSPGreg
      NYS law... red emergency lights ONLY to be used on emergency vehicles... that includes EMS, police (PD, Sherriff, State Police). Blue lights are reserved for volunteer firefighters

and NYS does NOT allow for blue and red to be mixed

http://www.nysgtsc.state.ny.us/emer-vt.htm

I noticed that florida and most other states use blue only or red and blue

I guess NY LEO are true blood and the rest of the country are either cripts or both blood and cripts
      The Yonkers PD, some other smaller departments and Westchester Co. PD all have some blue lights in the light bars, along with the newest NYSP RMPS with blue lights on the rear deck.

Comment

Originally posted by SWH
        The Yonkers PD, some other smaller departments and Westchester Co. PD all have some blue lights in the light bars, along with the newest NYSP RMPS with blue lights on the rear deck.
        I would have to see it to believe it... even AF security forces vehicles at my ANG base go by the state law and only have red lights on their light bars

Comment

I have seen that too. Many agencies in Downstate NY have a blue light or two, even the NYSP cars, in addition to the red lights. This was tried here in Syracuse, NY but an uproar was made by the legions of volunteer firemen, and the blue lights were quickly removed.

Comment

so I gues NY is trying to do what NJ is doing with their state police cruisers... adding one or 2 blue lights to the light bars...

does anyone know if NJ has a similar law to NY's concerning the emergency lights?

Comment

red and blue lights

the City of Poughkeepsie has red and blue strobes.

Also, I'm from Buffalo, the US Border Patrol also has red and blue strobes. All other police cars I've seen in the state have the red/yellow light bar combos. The yellow being in the back.
              "For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil." ~ Romans 13:4

Comment

Originally posted by aikido kid
                the City of Poughkeepsie has red and blue strobes.

Also, I'm from Buffalo, the US Border Patrol also has red and blue strobes. All other police cars I've seen in the state have the red/yellow light bar combos. The yellow being in the back.
                the US border patrol doesn't fall under state law.. it's a federal agency.

Comment

Originally posted by NYSPGreg
                  does anyone know if NJ has a similar law to NY's concerning the emergency lights?
                  Not too sure because my town has red & blue combo, but the next town over is all red.

State police used to have all red, but now they all got those new small bars that flash red and blue. I'm curious myself i'll look it up for us

Comment

the attempt to put blue lights on NYSP cruisers won't last long

http://www.defrance.org/artman/publi...nter_356.shtml

http://www.oag.state.ny.us/lawyers/o...l/2003_f2.html
                    Last edited by NYSPGreg; 08-26-2005, 02:50 PM.

Comment

NYPD cars

Quick note on Federal agency vehicles. Federal LE vehicles, including Military Police, will follow the emergency light laws of the state they're located in. Keeps it simple, hopefully avoids conflict/confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilipCal
                        Quick note on Federal agency vehicles. Federal LE vehicles, including Military Police, will follow the emergency light laws of the state they're located in. Keeps it simple, hopefully avoids conflict/confusion.
                        well i guess that dosent apply to the border patrol...
                        "For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil." ~ Romans 13:4

Comment

NYPD Police Cars

Sounds like the Border Patrol(NY) didn't get the word. What I stated has been a practice I have observed personally, but I gotta admit I haven't been to New York in a good while. Stay safe.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5845 users online. 322 members and 5523 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X