300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uniform or Plain clothes?

I am sure it has been asked before. But just want to know what you guys prefer, because those uniforms must get old real quick.

I've worked uniform patrol my entire 21+ years on the job. I worked very hard to earn the right to wear this uniform and I'm very proud of it. Patrol is where the action is.
    When Society makes war on its police, it better be prepared to make friends of its criminals.

Comment

Uniform???

I call it "The Monkey Suit"...

Comment

Plain Clothes.
        Last edited by Joseph; 08-20-2005, 03:59 PM.
        Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

Both have their pros & cons. My career has been spent in equal amounts for both.

Plainclothes is nice because you can run errands on the way to & from work, something you really don't want to make a habit of in uniform. There is really 2 types of plainclothes....UC palinclothes and coat & tie palinclothes. Being "low-profile" on duty also has many advantages.

Uniforms are nice because you never have to worry about what you're going to wear, and there's no doubt about who you are when you're taking police action. You also can eat half-price .

Comment

Gald darn fashion police. Look like they come out of a page in a magazine some where. More worried about their cotton pickin' hair than what the business at hand is.

Naw spent more than ten years in investigations. (dress casual, nice jeans on Fridays) Now I'm back where I belong. In a uniform. I'm the police and there ain't no mistaking it.
            "In my life I have met many people who were quick to point a finger, and but a few that cared enough lift one"

ME

Comment

Love wearing the uniform, mainly because when you have to wear a tie, it's always a clip on. I like the simple stuff
              Nate The Cop

Be forwarned the content on this site is Politically Incorrect and may be deemed immature and offensive to bleeding heart liberal ****** bags

Comment

Just started plain clothes, having done little stints previously. I never thought I'd miss Intervention (Patrol) but I do.
                I'm a little bit waayy, a little bit wooah, a little bit woosh, I'm a geezer.

Comment

My experience has been exactly the opposite. As a Federal Investigator, the closest I ever got to a uniform was my flight suit. I still feel odd if I wear a gun openly!
                  "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
                  John Stuart Mill

Comment

I don't know anything but wearing a uniform.

The nice thing about it is I didn't pay for it. If I rip it up, its not a big deal, the department quartermaster will give me a new one. I don't have ever worry if I will color coordinate when I get dressed.

It is hot in the summer though. Polyster just doesn't breathe at all. It doesn't behave well around flames either.
                    RADAR is the 8th wonder of the world.

Comment

Worked CID for almost 9 years and wore shirt, tie, and jacket. Went back to patrol, dry cleaning bills went way down since the agency pays for uniform dry cleaning, but not plain clothes. I like uniform better, hot as all get out in the summer, but its easy to decide what to wear in the morning!

Comment

A nice plain cloths anti-crime detail is great. Patrol in unmarked cars in jeans and a t-shirt and look for guys with guns and other serious felonies in progress. What beats that?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5382 users online. 297 members and 5085 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X