300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expectations of new recruits

Currently I am a resident of the Metro-Detroit area. I am attending Macomb Comunity College full time to obtain my degree in criminal justice. My question is what kind of expectations do fellow Officers have towards new recruits in their department?

Thanks- Josh
    "In these modern times, many men are wounded for not having weapons or knowledge of their use."
    -Achille Marozzo, 1536

Ne Obliviscaris - Do Not Forget

Originally posted by Bluntforcetraum
    Currently I am a resident of the Metro-Detroit area. I am attending Macomb Comunity College full time to obtain my degree in criminal justice. My question is what kind of expectations do fellow Officers have towards new recruits in their department?

Thanks- Josh
    keep your mouth shut and ears and brain open, seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
      keep your mouth shut and ears and brain open, seriously.
      Exactly.....thats why God gave you 2 ears, 2 eyes and only 1 mouth.
      Cowboys in town. Trouble expected.

Comment

Originally posted by PTI
        Exactly.....thats why God gave you 2 ears, 2 eyes and only 1 mouth.
        its amazing how some have the nerve to mouth off, *well i have a degree and even though i have never been an officer, i think i know more than you do* well have at it junior.

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
          its amazing how some have the nerve to mouth off, *well i have a degree and even though i have never been an officer, i think i know more than you do* well have at it junior.
          Or even better.......They told is in the academy this is the way to do it!
          Cowboys in town. Trouble expected.

Comment

Expectations of new recruits

Eyes, ears, open: Mouth shut. Additionally, you have no right to an opinion. Be quick to use "Sir or Mam" as the situation applies to senior officers. If you're fortunate enough to join an agency with an FTO Program, become a "knowledge sponge" and absorb all the wisdom and training you possibly can.

Comment

Originally posted by PTI
              no kidding, i guess i had it lucky, i was on the reserve dept before i got on board fulltime, i got to see other new guys mess up and get the butt chewin of a lifetime.

Comment

we had one guy that was a , well would have been, a third generation law man, had 3 degrees from "the University of Oklahoma" ( i think they suck GO POKES) but anyway, he only lasted 5 wks on fto, it wasnt pretty, it was funny as heck, but it wasnt pretty.

Comment

HEY PTI , i am trying to get back on the inside, and am applying for okla hwy ptrl. since they were brown, if i get it, should i change my name to GOTTHBROWNS,, or does that should like i got the squirts.

Comment

Originally posted by PTI
                    I caught myself saying that today, but I was very tactiful and backed out saving face!!!
                    Can you say DYNASTY? Go Patriots!

Comment

If you want to stay alive you will pay freaking attention. If you want to make it on my shift you will only offer opinions when appropriate. That would be, when somebody asks for it. I don't mind somebody asking "why" a little later after the smoke clears.

You might see us picking and joking with each other. We earned the right to pick and after a lot of years and hard times together. You don't know the history, don't even try. Cops is an odd social group. It takes time to earn the right to be there. You will probably shead some blood, sweat, and a few tears beore they let you in.

Next to that. Do your best, work hard, you will make it.

Guess what. We got degrees too. About all I learned in college about criminal justice was a bunch of crap. It will take two years on the street and your dern near getting killed to shake that crap out of your head. Remember this. People commit crime because they choose too. It ain't everubody elses fault.

Oh...and I expect my rookies ot have fun. You may as well learn to have fun when life is sucking all around you. That is preaty much the way it is going to be. That is kinda the point of the whole mess.
                      Last edited by Runnin' 87; 08-20-2005, 04:36 PM.
                      "In my life I have met many people who were quick to point a finger, and but a few that cared enough lift one"

ME

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6564 users online. 363 members and 6201 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X