• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blnkgttrst
    Forum Member
    • Aug 2005

Any Fulton, Cobb, or Gwinnett County LEO's

Does anyone here work for one of the following departments,
    Marietta PD, Alpharetta PD, Cobb County PD, Dekalb County PD, Gwinnett County PD.
  • Groundhog
    Forum Rookie
    • Apr 2002

You got something against Atlanta?

Comment

• Centurion44
      Charges-Like-Rhino
      • Mar 2005

I work in Gwinnet, but not for.

No, not ready to say where. Call me paranoid.
      Last edited by Centurion44; 08-18-2005, 11:57 PM.
      You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

• Blnkgttrst
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Groundhog
        You got something against Atlanta?

Haha, yes i do actually i think it is a horrible and disgusting city, but hey thats my personal opinion lol. Coming from southern california you think i would be used to cities like that.

Comment

• Groundhog
          Forum Rookie
          • Apr 2002

Originally posted by Blnkgttrst
          Haha, yes i do actually i think it is a horrible and disgusting city, but hey thats my personal opinion lol. Coming from southern california you think i would be used to cities like that.
          Thanks. Nice to know I've wasted the 20 years.

Comment

• Blnkgttrst
            Forum Member
            • Aug 2005

Thanks. Nice to know I've wasted the 20 years.
            I meant no disrespect to the police or any emergency workers in that city, nor to any of the citizens but i mean come on you can't not agree it is a dirty city, its pretty much like Los Angeles with more tall buildings. Im simpling stating i would not live there. *cough* Go THRASHERS!!!

Comment

• Groundhog
              Forum Rookie
              • Apr 2002

Originally posted by Blnkgttrst
              I meant no disrespect to the police or any emergency workers in that city, nor to any of the citizens but i mean come on you can't not agree it is a dirty city, its pretty much like Los Angeles with more tall buildings. Im simpling stating i would not live there. *cough* Go THRASHERS!!!
              No, I disagree completely. Atlanta is by no means perfect, but it's by no means dirty. Many parts of Dekalb are downright ****holes (Ever been down Buford Hwy.?...they don't call Chamblee "Chambodia" for nothing), and you've obviously never been through the seedier parts of Marietta, Austell, Mableton (Cobb Co.), or Norcross (Gwinnett Co.) with gang graffitti everywhere. Oh, and while we're on the subject, the gang problems in all the places you mention with the exception of Alpharetta are far worse than the city of Atlanta. So get a little education before you start calling my city "dirty" - I bet the only time you've been inside 285 is for a Braves game.

Comment

• Blnkgttrst
                Forum Member
                • Aug 2005

No, I disagree completely. Atlanta is by no means perfect, but it's by no means dirty. Many parts of Dekalb are downright ****holes (Ever been down Buford Hwy.?...they don't call Chamblee "Chambodia" for nothing), and you've obviously never been through the seedier parts of Marietta, Austell, Mableton (Cobb Co.), or Norcross (Gwinnett Co.) with gang graffitti everywhere. Oh, and while we're on the subject, the gang problems in all the places you mention with the exception of Alpharetta are far worse than the city of Atlanta. So get a little education before you start calling my city "dirty" - I bet the only time you've been inside 285 is for a Braves game.
                Haha, well first off i have been to braves games, and for the record i hate baseball. Im just not a fan of major city living. Working there might be fine but i would not want to live there. Now you are totally right about buford highway, and i haven't lived here over a year so i havent been to Austell. The only times i have been to Gwinnett Co. were for Gladiators games, wich i went to a lot. As far as i know i haven't been in Dekalb, and I do agree parts of marietta are pretty bad. Alpharetta would be the ideal place in georgia for me to work as i live here and it is very nice. The only thing is I believe these other departments pay more. I dont know how much do you get paid in atlanta and Alpharetta Officers?

Once again i meant no disrespect it's just personal opinion, I think worse of Los Angeles, i have been all over that city and it is horrible.

Comment

• pateshane
                  Forum Member
                  • Jun 2005

Dude are you out of your mind your comparing Atlanta to L.A. their is no comparision I been all over metro L.A . Yes Atlanta has bad traffic but nothing like L.A. and their is no area in Atlanta that you can compare to south central . Also if anybody out their thinks Norcross is rough then you probably sleep with your lights on .
                  STAND FOR SOMETHING OR FALL FOR ANYTHING .

Comment

• Groundhog
                    Forum Rookie
                    • Apr 2002

Originally posted by pateshane
                    Dude are you out of your mind your comparing Atlanta to L.A. their is no comparision I been all over metro L.A . Yes Atlanta has bad traffic but nothing like L.A. and their is no area in Atlanta that you can compare to south central . Also if anybody out their thinks Norcross is rough then you probably sleep with your lights on .
                    I was the only one who mentioned Norcross.....where did I say it was rough?

Comment

• SO535
                      Still a Stupid Rookie
                      • Dec 2004

I was the only one who mentioned Norcross.....where did I say it was rough?
                      If you think Norcross isn't rough, go serve a warrant in the barrio where they throw beer bottles at your unit.

Comment

• Groundhog
                        Forum Rookie
                        • Apr 2002

Originally posted by SO535
                        If you think Norcross isn't rough, go serve a warrant in the barrio where they throw beer bottles at your unit.
                        Oh. I know it's pretty rough. Sur13 & Vatos Locos territory big-time. I just don't like fired rookie jailers/forklift operators putting words in my mouth. Until he pulls a couple of years on the morning watch in Thomasville, Englewood, Carver Homes, & Leila Valley, he needs to shut his trap about "sleeping with the lights on".
                        Last edited by Groundhog; 08-19-2005, 10:22 PM.

Comment

• FutureLE
                          300lbs club
                          • Jun 2005

Alpharetta is an okay dept.. They probably wont hire you if you dont have experience or at least were in the military.. I heard they pulled the retirement, so that is all I needed to hear to make up my mind.. A good friend of mine is a fairly high ranking officer with them. Anyone confirm the retirement issue?

I have done ride-alongs with Alpharetta...and its BORING... But to each his own..
                          Last edited by FutureLE; 08-22-2005, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• Blnkgttrst
                            Forum Member
                            • Aug 2005

Thank you for that post, Alpharetta is officialy out of the question lol.

Comment

• 69CanaryCamaro
                              Forum Member
                              • Aug 2005

check out marietta PD. i've heard nothing but good things about the department.

oh, and i might be biased because i'm already in the application process for them
                              Applied to Marietta PD-August 8, 2005
                              Written test passed-August 16, 2005
                              Background book turned in-September 6, 2005
                              Oral board passed-September 12, 2005
                              Psych test-September 16, 2005
                              Polygraph test passed-September 26, 2005

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 25729 users online. 70 members and 25659 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...