300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LE Traffic Stop?

I would like to ask a Cop a Question.You approach a LE traffic road block,and the officer ask for your license and registration,You do not have your driver's license on you,but have everything else the officer requested but you remember the DL # What happens next?

Originally posted by Medea
    I would like to ask a Cop a Question.You approach a LE traffic road block,and the officer ask for your license and registration,You do not have your driver's license on you,but have everything else the officer requested but you remember the DL # What happens next?
    I meant to add if your Dl checked out Ok, and you are not wanted anywhere and a clean driving record.

Comment

Originally posted by Medea
      I meant to add if your Dl checked out Ok, and you are not wanted anywhere and a clean driving record.
      I would take the DL number and ask for some other form of ID such as a work, school, anything with your name on it. I would run your DL and compare the info . If it is all good, I would issue a citation for not having your DL with you.

In my state, you have 10 days to bring in your DL and we have to take back the ticket.

Comment

At best you'll probably get a ticket for not carrying your license. At worst, you'll probably be handcuffed and put in a patrol car while the officer identifies you, then you'll get a ticket.

Comment

...and your car can be towed if your DL can not be verified.

Comment

No, you can't use your friend's DL number because yours was taken away.

Most licenses have descriptors. Most cops can tell when you're lying. However if you give your valid name and date of birth and there are no other problems with your license then you may just get a ticket for Driving w/o License on Person.
            You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

Law is very clear that you MUST carry license on you any time you are driving and you can be cited. However if Officer can verfiy by computer you are who you say and you have no warrants he may not cite you just issue a warning.

Comment

Move to Michigan, traffic roadblocks are illegal here, then you won't have to worry about it

Comment

Press hard, three copies. Present your license and ticket to the court by the court date.
                  RADAR is the 8th wonder of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by JHoek
                    Move to Michigan, traffic roadblocks are illegal here, then you won't have to worry about it
                    ya'll cant do dl checks,,are you kidding.

Comment

LE Traffic Stop

Bodie pretty well answered your question. Alabama Law requires that you carry your license while driving, and present it on the demand of any peace officer. In the situation you described, and using "officer discretion", if your license came back valid, and there were no warrants out for you, I would probably give you a verbal warning regarding carrying your license. If I chose to cite you, you could have the charge dismissed by presenting your valid license to the court clerk prior to the appearence date on the citation, or on the appearence date itself. If you chose to ignore the citation, a warrant for Failure to Appear would be issued.

Comment

PO: "Can I see your license?"

Driver: "I don't have it on me."

PO: "Name, DOB, SSN?"

Driver: "John Smith, Jan 1, 1980...uhh, I don't know my SSN..."

You know what happens next...

*click-click* have a seat, watch your head.
                        Whitechapel - Hate Creation

Comment

Originally posted by SinePari
                          PO: "Can I see your license?"

Driver: "I don't have it on me."

PO: "Name, DOB, SSN?"

Driver: "John Smith, Jan 1, 1980...uhh, I don't know my SSN..."

You know what happens next...

*click-click* have a seat, watch your head.
                          whatever do you mean? most people would never lie to the police

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4938 users online. 293 members and 4645 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X