300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to Work

I have discussed it with my wife and we have decided to move to TN once I get out of the Military. Now my questions are, Is this a good, Avg, Great place to work as LEO. Is it better up north or south? What kind of things should I be preparing for in order to make me the "BEST" applicant? TN LEO's opinions would bear heavily on my frame of mind.
    "Live like NO ONE else so later you can LIVE like no one else"....Dave Ramsey

sigpic

i would say, study the economics of the area.....
    is the area booming and people are working ?
    or is the area stagnated ????

what are the wages for l.e.o's in the area ????

study the economic indicator's and the unemployment rate for what ever
    area you are moving to.

your gonna have a jump...as a canidate: military, clear back ground....
    " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
    " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

I can tell you that MEMPHIS is not very highly thought of....at least by reading posts from officers from that department on this and other LEO message boards.
      "Get busy dying or get busy living".....Andy Dufrain, Shawshank Redemption

Comment

Here is a good website that will tell you a lot about the current wages, economy, police to people ratios, ect. http://policepay.net/

Comment

I lived in Clarksville, TN once (up north TN) and I can tell you that Nashville Metro is a good department. Memphis...well.....read about them and make your call.
          "Its not cheating, unless you get caught."-Al Bundy

Comment

Originally posted by AirForce1
            I have discussed it with my wife and we have decided to move to TN once I get out of the Military. Now my questions are, Is this a good, Avg, Great place to work as LEO. Is it better up north or south? What kind of things should I be preparing for in order to make me the "BEST" applicant? TN LEO's opinions would bear heavily on my frame of mind.
            there are several here from tenn. wait for them, but it does sound like they have it pretty bad down there.

Comment

Reason for Editing.
              Last edited by lazycop; 02-15-2010, 05:29 PM.
              Work smarter not harder!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5804 users online. 331 members and 5473 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X