300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Centurion44
    No. This made you mad b/c your girlfriend sat in another dudes lap. Get over it.

Does it say "Time" or "time of violation"? Most just have "Time" which means time the citation is written.

In my JD this "paperwork" of towing a vehicle is one form- a piece of paper, and takes about 2 minutes to fill out. More like the cops were being considerate of your situation and rather than you paying the hundreds of dollars in towing and impound charges, they decided to be nice and cut you a break.

But that couldn't have been it, could it? Oh no. The police are never nice.

Sorry your feelings got hurt. Maybe they thought they were dealing with adults.

Why bother? Just like the first part of your story it sounds like you'll just twist to make these officers look bad again. You got what you had to say off your chest and for some reason you chouse us to be your recepticle to vomit your frustrations on. Now that you're done, do you feel better?
    Well said (as usual).
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Post and User Removed for posting response in "ASK A COP"

Thanks for reporting the post!

WebTeam

Comment

Thanks for all of your opinions.
        The only thing I don't understand is why everyone keeps telling me to "get over it". Dont worry guys, im over it.

And I just have to defend the fact that we WERE just playing tag. There is no incentive for me to lie about this. This is the problem that many people my age have with many authority figures is even people who have good intentions, and in actuality aren't doing anything bad, are treated like ****bags just the same. After four years in an inner city HS, being treated like cattle is the norm for me But I'm looking forward to the change of college.
        Oh, and thank for the college advice as well

Comment

Post Removed. Non LE should not be commenting or answering here. User warned.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by greeny
            The only thing I don't understand is why everyone keeps telling me to "get over it". Dont worry guys, im over it.
            You said, "this incident was resolved long ago". But you're posting about it now. This gives people the impression that you haven't gotten over it.

The Donut Shop : A Cop-Friendly Forum

(Please PM me for faster admittance.)

Comment

Well to be honest, I was still up at 2:30 last night with nothing to do, and I thought this incident would bring about some interesting commentary, which it certainly has. I understand the apparent contradiction of my statements though.
              My opinions remain that at best this was sloppy policework.

I don't understand why everyone is so skeptical. We were going to leave before midnight. But wait, you're right, that couldn't be true...because all teenagers are hooligans and deliquents. And we couldn't have been playing tag. We must have been dealing crack to you children while the others were stealing cars and gangbanging.

And telling us we can't leave and then waiting until we would be in violation of curfew seems like it's entrapment. In reality though, I was at HOME before midnight, and everyone else was in the back of the squad car long before midnight ever came.

Comment

Wow "Josh". You show your intellect by saying calling me "gay". An impressive show of brain power. And maybe you missed that whole part about us not actually being out past curfew, or have you not quite yet developed the ability to read and comprehend completely?

Comment

since i wasnt there, i wont tell you what they were doing, but here is my opinion.
                  1- like someone said, get over it, they'd rather be doing something else
                  2- if you were out after curfew, then you were, officers go by what time they show, not other people
                  3- if there was a sign for no tresspassing, then just cause you didnt see it doesnt mean it doesnt count, it doesnt work for speeding or stop signs, so why should this be different.
                  4- i forgot what i was saying
                  5- here, if you are 16 or older & in the back seat, you dont have to be buckled in, so you can pile them in,
                  6- if they are busting down on curfew, good for them, here an butt load of thefts, vandalism, and assaults are by juvis. dont like it tuff, a few spoil it for all, same way as an adult.
                  7- your post was too long & i forgot were i was going again

Comment

Wow "Josh". You show your intellect by saying calling me "gay". An impressive show of brain power. And maybe you missed that whole part about us not actually being out past curfew, or have you not quite yet developed the ability to read and comprehend completely?
                    i dont think he ment that you are actually homosexual, but if you are, hey, whatever floats your boat, but i do agree with him, it's kinda gay what you all were doing. but your probly not cause i agree with someone else too, youre just ****ed cause yer gal got a boost from another guy.

Comment

Greeny, I am someone who is very critical of police forces and how and when they choose to excercise their authority. Just based on your post though I think these officers were leniant on you.

I don't doubt for a minute that there was a time discrepancy from the time the Po Po showed up to the time the ticket was issued. Police have a funnny way of working so they can have their own spin on a story. Assuming you were stopped at 11:45 at the park (pre curfew time) you have admitted that you were at the park after the 10pm closing time. You were actually committing a misdemeanor and not a curfew violation. The good news for you is that this cops "discrepancy" ended up benefitting you. I am sure a curfew violation is a slap on the wrist compared to a trespassing charge. With trespassing you likely have fines, community service and run the risk of being restricted from the park on a permanent basis.

Just my two cents.

Comment

I have to say that I love some of the language used in your post - alienated, incredibly frustrated, breach of trust, and aftermath.

As a police officer for me to use the word "aftermath" in describing an incident, there would've had to have been at least a dead people, with maybe a headless one or two!!!

I am sure it sucked being cited and it was embarassing.

Now here are a couple questions for you,

Who called the police?
                        The park had a curfew of 10pm, was this beause there was homes nearby that you're "game of tag" may have been disturbing?
                        You are a fraternal twin?
                        What was the ride downtown for?
                        Was there public transit running in that area?
                        When was the last time you set your watch?

Here are things that I almost every night shift. Youth that egocentric that hang around parks until midnight talking loudly and whooping it up, with little or no concern for the people living nearby.

Ever wondered who lives in those homes near by? Sometimes, they are sick people, people dying of cancer or heart desease, they might be might be a sight worker that work during school hours and has Saturdays and Sundays off, or they are new parents that have put a colicy baby to sleep.

Unlike everyone else that has told you to get over it, I'll tell you to grow-up instead, and hopefully, by the sounds of it, you're the right path.

Comment

Shut up. Who plays tag at the age of 17? No one with that intellect that you speak so highly of. I don't care if you think you were breaking curfew or not. The police officers said you were, so you were. Just suck it up and go play tag.

Comment

-It is incredibly inappropriate to transport 5 fully grown people in the back of a single squad car.
                            You know......... it could have been worse. If you were over in Mpls, they might have stuck them all in the trunk.

Ok, bad joke. MPD is a good bunch of guys and girls

Comment

Originally posted by tony.o
                              They're female officers, most act like they've lost their freakin minds anyway.

hey Hey, i have afemail partner and she is great. She would pron kick your *** up and down the field and no she is not a dike and she is small. She still is a great officer.

Comment

Thanks for all of your opinions.

And I just have to defend the fact that we WERE just playing tag. There is no incentive for me to lie about this. This is the problem that many people my age have with many authority figures is even people who have good intentions, and in actuality aren't doing anything bad, are treated like ****bags just the same. After four years in an inner city HS, being treated like cattle is the norm for me But I'm looking forward to the change of college.
                                Oh, and thank for the college advice as well
                                you lay it on to thick about the "just playing tag thing' i dont belive that, i think you were trying to get it on with your little g/f and the police broke it up and left you hanging. Now you keep saying we were only playing tag and blah blah blah blah blah now you fill in the blah blah parts then the story will make sense
                                '

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4032 users online. 275 members and 3757 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X