Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equipment

Hey,

I was just wondering if police officers are issued equipment from their departments, or if they have to buy all their own equipment. And since some of you I think buy you own (ive seen threads), is it because the equipment issued by the department isnt the greatest? Just curious....thanks

Most of the equipment is supplied, but some needs to be purchased by the officer.

Comment

Equipment issuance depends entirely on the agency. My department (a small municipal agency) issues all equipment upon hire, except shoes.

Glock model 22 and 27
      all leather
      asp
      cuffs
      oc
      uniforms (class A and B)
      radio
      stinger flashlight
      Badges, nametag, collar brass, etc.

The sherrif's department in the county does not issue a weapon or shoes, but does issue everything else.

Comment

We get issued most of what we need. We get a set of uniforms, body armor, weapons (including OC & Taser) and such.

I purchase some things my own (like my vest) due to the fact that the equipment is often decent, but there is something more or better that will be of a more useful benefit. Like my flashlight. I carry one on the belt to be always with me, vs. carrying the one in the car.

I have upgraded the lighting in my car to add some LEDs for safety reasons, as well as I think they look neat. Things like that. In short, I think most paid sworn officers will get issued the stuff, but other times there are things that departments wont pay for too.
        And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”- Romans 8:28

Comment

This come under the heading: How much is your life worth? Even when they issued us guns, I bought extra ammo so I could shoot more. Carried my own gear most of my career - it's all tax deductable, and it's my life!
          "A man who has nothing which he cares about more than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the existing of better men than himself."
          John Stuart Mill

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4516 users online. 278 members and 4238 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X