300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to work

I was just wondering a few things. Is it better to work for a large or small PD? Which one is more fair on promotions, and how do they work in your PD? Can you get in and do good and get recognized or is it a Good Ole Boy System?

I only ask because I have been in the mil for 5 years and when I get out I want to know what expect in civilian life!
    "Live like NO ONE else so later you can LIVE like no one else"....Dave Ramsey

sigpic

It's really your call...I work for a smallish Sheriff's Dept. (county population 10K / S.O. has 25 sworn and 15 civilians) I prefer the smaller dept becasue it's like a family (everybody knows everybody kinda deal) and there are less "problems" associated with smaller depts than larger ones (like NYPD for example) meaning the number and types of criminals you deal with....there are advantages and disadvantages to both but I think some of the more seasoned guys who have worked in both situations would better answer your question....however the bottom line is it's all up to you and what you want....

Comment

There have been several threads on large agency vs. small agency. It's really a matter or preference. There are problems and there are advantages/disadvantages to both. And it may depend on the agency more than how many people it employs or how many square miles in encompasses.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4979 users online. 324 members and 4655 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X