300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How bad is the pepper spray?

I still have a long way till I get my eyes sprayed (for FHP aux), just wondering what to expect...
    "I once killed a man in Reno, just to watch him die..."

Depends on what type!

I got sprayed recently with 5% of the mist and it was a joke. A few yrs back 10% of the stream across the eyes made me fall to my knees and cry like a girl for 20 mins...

Some people on here could tell you about the specific ingredients which make it more potent or whatnot...

Good luck with the FHP
    Can you say DYNASTY? Go Patriots!

Comment

Originally posted by CLB2112
      I still have a long way till I get my eyes sprayed (for FHP aux), just wondering what to expect...
      its going to hurt for a while keep cold water on your eyes after
      but ossifer im not to drive to drunk

Comment

the only thing that will help is a lot of valum. it sucks, it hurts, it sucks, it hurts, and then it sucks some more and hurts some more. WATER DOES NOT HELP, IT IS OIL BASED. i could tell you to sit in front of a car ac vent with your eyes peeled open,,but i wont do that cause im nice, i could tell you to wash you face with milk, but that doesnt work either, i could tell you to put shaving cream on your face after getting sprayed to suffocate the air, but that doesnt work, i could tell you anything, but it still wont work,, but i will tell you to bring baby shampoo with you, put it in your eyes after getting sprayed and waller your finger in your eye socket, that s about the best thing, when you take a shower after the fact, get ready to for it to re activate and everything that the water runs down, will get bar bee qued . other than that, good luck and have fun..
        oh yea, punch II 10% burst is the worst

Comment

My friend Jeff can tell you! He was pepper sprayed in the Coast Guard. I guess it was part of his training before he was allowed to carry it while on duty.

Comment

ugh seeing that pic makes my eyes water....

I have one word to describe it

BAD
            THE OTHER PLACE...A Forum to get away to

Patience with ignorance

Everyone is gay until proven striaght.

I am the one you want and what you want is so unreal--M.M.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV--Ani Difranco

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
              the only thing that will help is a lot of valum. it sucks, it hurts, it sucks, it hurts, and then it sucks some more and hurts some more. WATER DOES NOT HELP, IT IS OIL BASED. i could tell you to sit in front of a car ac vent with your eyes peeled open,,but i wont do that cause im nice, i could tell you to wash you face with milk, but that doesnt work either, i could tell you to put shaving cream on your face after getting sprayed to suffocate the air, but that doesnt work, i could tell you anything, but it still wont work,, but i will tell you to bring baby shampoo with you, put it in your eyes after getting sprayed and waller your finger in your eye socket, that s about the best thing, when you take a shower after the fact, get ready to for it to re activate and everything that the water runs down, will get bar bee qued . other than that, good luck and have fun..
              oh yea, punch II 10% burst is the worst

Exactly what he said. But for me, milk did work.

Only thing that works is water/milk, time, and a fan.

Comment

THis might sound stupid, but would it feel much worse if you were allergic to one of the ingredients in it? I think that it is so bad you wouldn't feel much of an allergic reaction.
                U.S. Coast Guard R since 2006.
                Petty Officer Third Class (E-4)

Comment

Originally posted by TPD Cadet
                  THis might sound stupid, but would it feel much worse if you were allergic to one of the ingredients in it? I think that it is so bad you wouldn't feel much of an allergic reaction.
                  i think it would hurt after the fact. probly welps and stuff. all thats really in it is water, sometime (edit i meant some type) of gas (to carry it) and pepper extract, so you would probly already know if you are allergic to it, but then they'd just smack you with a pr 24
                  Last edited by gotthblues; 08-15-2005, 07:04 PM.

Comment

I have been hit four times and have found that baby shampoo is the best. OH it's gonna suck, but strobe your eyes to see your target and wash with the shampoo. Before you turn on the shower water get in and use a wet rag to lather up baby shampoo all over your more sensitive areas to protect them from impending doom. Then use the rest of the bottle on your face and eyes. GOOD LUCK, it aint gonna kill you, but it's gonna suck.
                    After the pin is pulled, Mr. Hand Grenade is no longer your friend.

"Shut the door I'm tryin to poop!" - Larry the Cable Guy

(\__/)
                    (O.o )
                    (> < )

Comment

Holy cow, just talking about it is blurrign my vision.
                      U.S. Coast Guard R since 2006.
                      Petty Officer Third Class (E-4)

Comment

As much as pepperspray hurts, you shouldn't let it take away your focus on what you have to do. I was sprayed twice full face 10% OC, both times it hurt like crazy. The first time I had to fight of a former Marine for about 30 seconds, draw down and track him, reholster and snap in before I could head to the water. The second time I had to go though four different stations, first was closed baton strikes for 15 seconds, next was open (foam) baton strikes for 15 seconds, then it was baton strikes on a redman for 15 seconds, then I had to defend my baton and prone the guy out and fight off a gun grab. My point again is do not let the pain get to you, pain is temporary plus you are in a controlled environment, were as in the street your back up could be 2-30 minutes out depending on where you are, you have to know that you can get a subject down and cuffed while battling the effects of OC. Everyone has there own decom. preferences, I prefer goin to the water for maybe a minute, then a nice fan until I can open my eyes, baby shampoo is nice too.

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by USCGjoker
                          As much as pepperspray hurts, you shouldn't let it take away your focus on what you have to do. I was sprayed twice full face 10% OC, both times it hurt like crazy. The first time I had to fight of a former Marine for about 30 seconds, draw down and track him, reholster and snap in before I could head to the water. The second time I had to go though four different stations, first was closed baton strikes for 15 seconds, next was open (foam) baton strikes for 15 seconds, then it was baton strikes on a redman for 15 seconds, then I had to defend my baton and prone the guy out and fight off a gun grab. My point again is do not let the pain get to you, pain is temporary plus you are in a controlled environment, were as in the street your back up could be 2-30 minutes out depending on where you are, you have to know that you can get a subject down and cuffed while battling the effects of OC. Everyone has there own decom. preferences, I prefer goin to the water for maybe a minute, then a nice fan until I can open my eyes, baby shampoo is nice too.

Joe
                          very true.. but my question is, when i receive an "accidental" hit during a scuffle, it didnt effect me till after all was over, however, usually just a little bit brings the big bad terd to his knees, why is that.

Comment

It's not that bad. The trick is to take a hot shower right after getting sprayed.
                            You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

Originally posted by Centurion44
                              It's not that bad. The trick is to take a hot shower right after getting sprayed.
                              it's bad if you're a panzee,, *gotthblues holds up his hand as he wipes the snot from his face*

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6479 users online. 362 members and 6117 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X