300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are my chances?

I was just wondering what my chances are of getting a LEO job once I get out of the Military. I have combat experience, fully qualified on numerous weapons, defensive driving courses out the w***ooo, Always above average in all i take on.

My only problem is I am a little over weight, and have really bad credit. I am working on both of these currently but if it all ended today would I be able to get hired as a LEO?
    "Live like NO ONE else so later you can LIVE like no one else"....Dave Ramsey

sigpic

It's hard to say. There are so many factors departments take into consideration and every department has a different standard. All you can do is continue the efforts you are doing and go from there. Good luck.
    God made cops so firemen would have heroes.

You do not greet Death; you punch him in the throat repeatedly as he drags you away.

Comment

nothing to see here
      Last edited by olnacl; 05-18-2006, 02:31 PM.

Comment

I have bad credit because when I was 17-20 I made a few mistakes all in the name of love and got into trouble. I have rectified the problems, but I still cant get a credit card.
        "Live like NO ONE else so later you can LIVE like no one else"....Dave Ramsey

sigpic

Comment

I don't think being in the military will prevent you from becoming an officer. I know quite a few officers who use to be in the military, two of which are going through mandate school with me now.

Comment

nothing to see here
            Last edited by olnacl; 05-18-2006, 02:31 PM.

Comment

It looks like everyone's already addressed your credit....so about your weight....if you know you're overweight and plan on becoming an LEO then start doing something about it now! It won't matter how great and wonderful your military career was or how good your credit was if you can't pass an agility test!

Comment

Originally posted by AirForce1
                I was just wondering what my chances are of getting a LEO job once I get out of the Military. I have combat experience, fully qualified on numerous weapons, defensive driving courses out the w***ooo, Always above average in all i take on.

My only problem is I am a little over weight, and have really bad credit. I am working on both of these currently but if it all ended today would I be able to get hired as a LEO?
                You claim to have combat experience, but you are in the AirForce. Fueling planes on Balad Air Base doesn't give bragging rights in my book. Were you on a SealTeam (yes, I know: if any of us are decent cops, we recognize you)?

You are in the military but a little overweight? That's pathetic. You should have the initiative to change that, especially if you want to become a SuperDuper Cop.

The bad credit part would be a big disqualifier on my department.

I say again: think about a different line of work.

Comment

This wouldn't have been Harry Falk in SE VA would it?

Originally posted by olnacl
                  When I was in the Marine Corps, I bought a 240SX from a Nissan Dealership and got insurance through a man who was selling insurance at the dealership..
                  "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Please define your combat experience. As an LEO and Combat Engineer(citizen soldier) who goes on patrol 6 days a week in the Baghdad AO, I would like to know. Just because you are deployed to a combat zone, does not give you combat experience. There are a lot of guys at PD's who have combat experience, so don't try to BS them/us.

If I was on the interview board, and you told me that you had combat experience, you better tell me you went on patrol all the time. Otherwise, I would make it known to the rest of the PD that you are full of poo poo. I would also be offended, big time. There is nothing more than guys who go out on patrols all the time hate are people who don't get shot at, blown up, or (insert bad things here) talking about combat.

Even if you are stationed at Forward Operating Base BFE, there are still plenty of chances to work out. No excuse. There are MWR gyms all over most FOB's. Some are better than most private gyms. The other aspect is that we patrol 6 days a week and still manage PT 5 times a week. Also, sitting in an M1114 for quite a few hours of the day with body armor and etc. on will sweat the fat right off you.

I might have been a bit harsh. I don't consider it bragging rights, it's honesty. If you are not a combat vet, don't call yourself one. Because combat sucks, and if you have seen it like you claim, you would know that. I think I am just PO'd because this Air Force (security forces) guy was flagging us with his weapon at midnight chow after we just came back in from the streets tonight.
                    Last edited by USP45FAN; 08-17-2005, 04:53 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6067 users online. 355 members and 5712 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X