300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PABear31
    There is no violation of PA law here. If you want the roll bar protection that the cage offers, take out the screen panels and just use the frame. I can't think of any earthly reason that a civilian would want or need a cage in their car.

Thanks .. it is good to know that I am not in violation of the law . That is the last thing I would ever want to do .

thanks again for all of your help .

Be Safe and God Bless !!

Comment

Check your state penal code. It's not just what the car looks like. It's what you look like and how you are acting. As with most questions like this, there is no blanket statement that can be made.

Comment

My Opinion

My opinion is that the only people that have a need to drive old worn out police cars that still bear some looks of a police car are taxi drivers or security guards.
        It is purely insane that anyone would choose to own a gas guzzling old cop car. When they can own any other normal car out there.

If you have one you darw undue attention to yourself. From the real cops who think you are just plain goofy to a criminal who in a cranked up state could take a shot at you thinking a real cop just rolled up on him or her.

I think all old police cars should be crushed and never see the streets in civilian hands.

That is just my opinion........................................... .

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
          My opinion is that the only people that have a need to drive old worn out police cars that still bear some looks of a police car are taxi drivers or security guards.
          It is purely insane that anyone would choose to own a gas guzzling old cop car. When they can own any other normal car out there.

If you have one you darw undue attention to yourself. From the real cops who think you are just plain goofy to a criminal who in a cranked up state could take a shot at you thinking a real cop just rolled up on him or her.

I think all old police cars should be crushed and never see the streets in civilian hands.

That is just my opinion........................................... .
          I agree 100%, no doubt those types of cars are parked in their driveways as they surf the net posing as cops. We used call them "GP"s up my way...Goofy ******.
          Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

The only old worn out police car that I've ever wanted was one of the old German VW Beetle police cars but they seemingly took Bodie's advise and crushed them all. I have a thing for old VW's but at least it keeps me from ever speeding
            "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Maybe and I said maybe .... an old CHP camaro or mustang but once I was done with it not a single piece would scream "COP"

Comment

In Ohio there are really 2 crimes a person can committ to that effect. 1. Personating an officer . and 2 . IMPERSONATING A PEACE OFFICER. the first has to do with any sort of government official eg: sewer inspector, electrical inspector, for criminal gain. The second is IMPERSONATING A PEACE OFFICER. which is a much more serious crime, and it applies only to being a police officer. there however is an affirmitive defense to the IMPERSONATING crime. say you were a Concelaed Carry holder in Ohio and u foiled a bank robbery by drawing on the would be robber and saying you were police. That may be the only way you could represent yourself as a peace officer and not get in trouble. OH yeah for those who care. you may want to know that if you take the Ohio state exam . its a question on there I forget which one. somewhere between i dunno question 40 and 42 .

AUXOFC

Comment

Impersonating a PO

The Penal Codes of the various states will all be a little different, so it's not really possible to give a "one size fits all" answer. In some states, impersonating an officer is a felony, in others, a misdemeanor. Basically, if a person in any way,leads another to believe he/she is an officer, when in fact they're not, then the crime is committed. I would suggest you check the Penal/Criminal code of the state you reside in, to see what the law in your state is.

Comment

[QUOTE=SkyCop418]Right out of the VA law book

Comment

Originally posted by K9CVPI4703
                      Thanks .. it is good to know that I am not in violation of the law . That is the last thing I would ever want to do .

thanks again for all of your help .

Be Safe and God Bless !!

it sounds like you already knew your own question. I am just wondering why you are interested in the cage and tha tyour prob making a issue out of something. You have me wondering and worried what your real intentions may or may not be with this car. Just dont go and add read and blue lights with a siren to it. YOU MAY BE ABLE TO GET SUPER EXPLORER TO RIDE WITH YOU.LOL I KNOW YOU ARE STILL HERE SUPER EXPLORER

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5415 users online. 307 members and 5108 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X