300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impersonating a PO

What exactly would be considered impersonating a police officer? Obviously, if a civilian was wearing a full uniform and driving a police cruiser it would be impersonating. However, I know that it doesn't take that much of an effort to be charged with this crime. Would a certain antenna and LED light displacement on your vehicle be enough to get charged? If you can, please specify your answer by giving some examples. Thanks.

POST REMOVED FOR PERSONAL ATTACK ON USER

REGARDLESS OF THE CIRCUMSTANCES HERE, PERSONAL ATTACKS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE HERE.

USER BANNED for 3 DAYS.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
      Ask Puget Sound he does it here daily.
      No, he's not a police officer. But, you are. So, I'd appreciate if you gave me some feedback on this question.

Comment

Right out of the VA law book

Comment

Originally posted by Josh
          What exactly would be considered impersonating a police officer? Obviously, if a civilian was wearing a full uniform and driving a police cruiser it would be impersonating. However, I know that it doesn't take that much of an effort to be charged with this crime. Would a certain antenna and LED light displacement on your vehicle be enough to get charged? If you can, please specify your answer by giving some examples. Thanks.
          This isn't a science class, the law is the law. That's the only "example" we need.

Are you talking about a person impersonating an officer, or affixing illegal lights/sirens to your vehicle?

In GA each is a seperate offense.
          You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

Well, I'm talking about both. I thought it all fell under the same offense.

Comment

In Florida (and Kentucky as of 2000 when I was an officer there) representing yourself as a sworn officer with intent to receive any benefit or given to LEO's or exercise any power solely assigned to LEO's is a felony. Improper lights on your vehicle is either a traffic violation or misdemeanor depending what they are and what you are doing with them.
              God made cops so firemen would have heroes.

You do not greet Death; you punch him in the throat repeatedly as he drags you away.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie
                POST REMOVED FOR PERSONAL ATTACK ON USER

REGARDLESS OF THE CIRCUMSTANCES HERE, PERSONAL ATTACKS ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE HERE.

USER BANNED for 3 DAYS.
                Hahahahahahahahahaha. LOL. Hahahahahahahahahahaha. Bodie, when will you learn?

Comment

I didn't think what Bodie wrote was necessarily offensive, it seemed even playful. Oh well, rules are rules.
                  Last edited by IloveAmerica; 08-15-2005, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by savage4presiden
                    Hahahahahahahahahaha. LOL. Hahahahahahahahahahaha. Bodie, when will you learn?
                    Careful... You might be next

Comment

nothing to see here
                      Last edited by olnacl; 05-18-2006, 02:32 PM.

Comment

anybody know if this would fall under impersonation leo under pa law ?

example : civilian owned police interceptor , push bumper , spotlight , cage/or no cage

no lights and sirens installed ,no police decals , no uniform , no acting like a cop and pulling people over , or claiming to be an LEO
                        just driving car normal obeying traffic laws etc .
                        and showing a hand wave of respect to passing officers,ems,fire

other then falling into the "wannabe" factor is the stated above considered impersonation . according to state law ?

local leo know me and know i would never use the vehicle the wrong way but i was just wandering if im in the clear with the state law .

thanks in advance
                        Take Care and God Bless !!!!

Comment

nothing to see here
                          Last edited by olnacl; 05-18-2006, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by olnacl
                            Remove the cage (the only reason for a cage is to restrain someone...why would you need to restrain someone in your personal car?) and you would be OK.

I see people driving old squads that they bought at auction several times a month and unless they have decked it back out, I don't give it much thought.

the cage is currently out of the car was undecided about reinstalling it because of not being able to put seats all the way back and visibility . although i do like the roll bar protection =)

i have talked to local pd and they said it was ok for me to have the cage in if i wanted. but like you said its for restraining and protecting . and i dont give rides to criminals anyway.
                            im prolly gonna hold onto it though. unless i find a constable or police department who could use one in a car . then i most likely will donate it . i've seen some police cars without cages and i think all should have them to protect officers .

thanks for the info .. take care !
                            =)

Comment

There is no violation of PA law here. If you want the roll bar protection that the cage offers, take out the screen panels and just use the frame. I can't think of any earthly reason that a civilian would want or need a cage in their car.
                              When Society makes war on its police, it better be prepared to make friends of its criminals.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3825 users online. 174 members and 3651 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X