300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise Bylaws (& Enforcement)

When you get dispatched to calls about problem apartments partying late into the night, how much _can_ you do? And, are the calls just plain annoying to receive, or would you rather attend than have a security guard physically remove stupid people?

Reason for the question, I'm a private security guard (for a company that is contracted by the city-owned/funded low-income housing company, to patrol the problem sites) that patrols multiple residential sites. I often find loud parties that a) won't answer the door or b) refuse to turn the music down. I realize that the police have far better things to do than tell a bunch of drunk meatheads, in an area of town known for drugs, violent crimes and weapons-involved crimes, to shut up.

Thanks,

Redeye

In Alaska, we have to inform them that they're disturbing someone. After they've been informed, if they keep making noise we can hook them up for Disorderly Conduct.

I'd always prefer security to handle the call first. However, that's usually not an option.

Comment

In California we give the person in chage a written warning first. The second response usually requires a person willing to sign a citizen arrest. If we want we can arrest the person in charge of the party for disturbing the peace, take the music equipment as evidence, and they will receive a bill in the mail from the city looking for reimbursement for the cost of having officers deal with the situation a second time, that should of stopped on the first warning.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5370 users online. 296 members and 5074 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X