300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brav989

Noise ordinances/complaints

Okay so i've got some people over who have had more than enough to drink. I've already had the apartment complex manager speak to me about the excessive noise. Now say I were not able to keep them quiet and police responded, what is the usual penalty/thing that happens..when that happens? Just really don't want to get into any trouble
  • curlyblue
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2005

Verbal warning, or citation, and/or your neighbors can file an open complaint if they have to listen to you on a regular basis. My guess is your apt manager will evict you before it would get to that point though. Have some consideration for your neighbors!!!! They work too.

Comment

• Caspertoo
      Sh*t Magnet
      • Dec 2004

In oregon, well in my county particularly, if the noise can be heard 50 feet from your residence, then the deputy can write a citation. What usually happens is a verbal warning first, then a ticket if we have to come back.
      Illegitimi non carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Comment

• Brav989

Originally posted by curlyblue
        Verbal warning, or citation, and/or your neighbors can file an open complaint if they have to listen to you on a regular basis. My guess is your apt manager will evict you before it would get to that point though. Have some consideration for your neighbors!!!! They work too.
        Lol well it wasn't me, it was just one person in particular. I finally got him to calm down, lie on the couch and go to bed. Then I smeared his face with chocolate pudding

Comment

• mach4
          Forum Member
          • Jun 2004

If it was at your place you would be the one to get the warning or ticket.

Comment

• curlyblue
            Forum Member
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mach4
            If it was at your place you would be the one to get the warning or ticket.
            Yup! You're responsible for your guests.

Comment

• Da Po-po
              Dude, WTF?!?
              • Jun 2005

The one in charge of the residence is the one who gets the punishment. Depending on laws in your area, you can get anywhere from a simple fine to a physical arrest and criminal charge.
              God made cops so firemen would have heroes.

You do not greet Death; you punch him in the throat repeatedly as he drags you away.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12193 users online. 74 members and 12119 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...