300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too early to worry?

I know im gonna get blasted for this one.....But i am gonna ask anyhow..
    I graduated open enrollement in Ohio last month, and my date for my commission is June 30th. I have applied at about 15-20 depts and have not even recieved as much as a phone call, of the depts i applied to, all but 3 were for volunteer jobs. So even workin for free i cant find anything. when should i get worried? or should i be worried. I think this open enrollment was or may have been a bad idea...

It took me one day shy of a year to find a job. it will come, just be persistant and be willing to move to a differnet area. Get every newaper in the area and scan the classified for LE job openings.

Comment

I graduated in a december, applied to several agencies and started working the next june.

And don't be suprised if you recieve calls from these places several months down the road. Most of them keep your app. on file and will go back to it when they get short handed.

(Unless you have a spotty record or some such)

Comment

Not spotty... 1 spot, nothin that some dept wont overcome

Comment

You check Woodmere or Bratenhal
          Trooperden, akman75, & azmichelle ignored

Comment

Originally posted by AUXOFC74
            I know im gonna get blasted for this one.....But i am gonna ask anyhow..
            I graduated open enrollement in Ohio last month, and my date for my commission is June 30th. I have applied at about 15-20 depts and have not even recieved as much as a phone call, of the depts i applied to, all but 3 were for volunteer jobs. So even workin for free i cant find anything. when should i get worried? or should i be worried. I think this open enrollment was or may have been a bad idea...
            Hey man, if the volunteer jobs hold the commission, take em till somethin comes up. Our auxilary had a bad habit of takin guys who were 9 months out of the academy lookin for a commission. Odly enough, ya hardly ever heard anything out of them after they got their commission signed. Thankfully they changed the application process so people actually have to do something with the aux to keep the commission.
            In god we trust, the rest we run through NCIC

Comment

Both Woodmere and Bratenahl were not even giving applicants a look at this time 623 . I did however drop Chief Guyton an app . as well as chief Straub an app. and I have chief brosius getting one today. Who knows maybe something will pull thru.

Comment

I'm not sure about other area's but my area is cutting back to an extreme. We are about to lose 3 guys off the road. No one around us is hiring either due to their own cutbacks. As far as anything, stick with it. I know guys who find jobs quickly and others who never do find a job. I got fortunate that I got hired one week before I even graduated from the Academy. Good Luck.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5071 users online. 313 members and 4758 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X