300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone out there had VASIK done?

Our new insurance covers 25% of the cost, so Ive been considering it for the past few weeks. Ive only found 2 guys on our dept. who have had it done. I loved it, never had a problem, the other not so happy. Claims his vison is starting to get worse again. Still not as bad as it was prior to the surgury, but not as good as it was afterwards either. ( aprox 2 years ago )

Anyone out there had it done? Any success or horor storys?
    Last edited by RedDog4; 08-13-2005, 07:35 PM.
    Irish Toasts
    When we drink, we get drunk.
    When we get drunk, we fall asleep.
    When we fall asleep, we commit no sin.
    When we commit no sin, we go to heaven.
    So, let's all get drunk, and go to heaven!

what the hek is Vasik.. i has Lasik. and it was the best money i ever spent. 2800 for both eyes, intralase laser cut of the cornea flap. Took about 3 months to get my vision back to where i thought it should be.

Comment

My bad...

Irish Toasts

Comment

Originally posted by AUXOFC74
        what the hek is Vasik.. i has Lasik. and it was the best money i ever spent. 2800 for both eyes, intralase laser cut of the cornea flap. Took about 3 months to get my vision back to where i thought it should be.
        How long before you could report back to full duty?
        Irish Toasts

Comment

It's really the best way to go if you don't want any children...

Comment

I was able to see outdoors right away. but indoors in flourecent lights i had some diffuculty for several weeks. Its a medical procedure just like anything else, peoples healing times vary. Since im not a full time officer i cannot say how long before i was back on regular duty. I was able to patrol a few nights later, however had a lot of diffuculty at night. They corrected my eyes from like a -600 -675 so it was a huge correction , lengthening my heal time . But still the best money i ever spent. I would re mortgage my house if i had to , in order to afford it again if it came to that. after 20 yrs in glasses... ACK

Comment

I had lasik done about 3 years ago. Best Money Ive spent!! I work nights and have had no problems!! If your looking into having it done, shop around. Some places offer military/police discounts. There are several different types of lasers that they use, depending on your eyesight and how bad it is. Do your research...

I was back to work within 2 days.

Good Luck!
              ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS, DON'T BLAME OTHERS!!!

Comment

Like scooterlee said ...... DO YOUR RESEARCH. KNOW what doctor your going to and what type of procedure will be done. I had it done about 2 years ago and love it. In the first months following the procedure I did have a little blurring at night but it healed as they told me it would. I have had no problems and my vision is just a bit better than 20/20. I was 20/15 the day after the lasik. NO COMPLAINTS

Know how "bad" your eyesight is and check with different places. Example: When I went I could have gone to Dr. A for $5,000 ($500 cop discount) OR Dr. B for $2,000. Same procedure, same everything except color of the chair. HMMMM not a difficult one there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6464 users online. 352 members and 6112 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X